“The best gnocchi I have probably ever tasted!”
Review of Vol 94 - CLOSED

Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Marengo Avenue
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Found this place thanks to excellent reviews on Yelp and one in particular. The review was spot on. We had the gnocchi and duck fat cashews to start and then the pork belly, chicken and waffles and octopus. The cashews, gnocchi and octopus stood out, whilst the other two dishes were also good. The only gripe I would have is that the wine list could be more extensive with more of a variety of prices too. There was a lack of Californian wine to choose from. Service was excellent. Will definitely go next time I am in Pasadena.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Came here with some girlfriends the other night for a girls night out/birthday. This place is really cute with good small plates. We tried the duck fat nuts (good starter), olives (self explanatory, nothing special), pork belly, cauliflower, steak & potatoes, chicken & waffles (this was just ok), crab cakes, and kale salad. Overall great meal. The only problem is that they have very high ceilings, which makes for a nice open look but makes it a little hard to hear people talking and the restaurant to get loud pretty quickly. Otherwise super chic with the wine bottle decor and chandeliers

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Pretty creative meals here. The kale salad is extraordinary. Did a prix fixe during restaurant week so was limited but most of what I tried was good.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

It took us over 2.5 hours to get out of there. The server seldom returned to the table. The food took was amazing, but took over an hour. The manager sent over some champagne to appease us and removed the corkage fee. The wait and service was terrible. We asked why the delay and the reason was the dishwasher quit and they were training two servers. So what that has to do with cooking I'm still trying to figure out. The first time we went the service was good. Failure this time. Some dishes were amazing, other dishes I think only tasted good because we were starving. My husband wants to give them another chance. I'm still undecided. I hated having to pay extra for parking because the restaurant can't cook in a timely manner.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

First: excellent service, nice setup, and rather good wines. The tapas were not very consistent. I suspect that the chef will continue to experiment. Some of the combinations were very interesting. I liked the cheese platter but did not care for the pate platter. Overall.. we went in early on a weekday and it was very quiet. I may go again but will have to investigate other dishes. Price was reasonable, around 35 per person before tip. Portions are not small.. three tapas is plenty for two people.