“panda beef”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosemead Blvd.
Description: Panda Inn is the source and original inspiration behind the nationally recognized Panda Express restaurants. Andrew Cherng and his father, Master Chef Ming Tsai Cherng, opened the first Panda Inn in Pasadena, California in 1973. Their goal was to share the culinary arts of Mandarin and Szechuan cuisines with their local community by emphasizing the Chinese art of balancing tastes and textures to provide a dining experience that delights the senses. Today, still family-owned with five locations in Southern California, Panda Inn honors over 40 years of heritage and takes great pride in serving delectable cuisine with attentive service in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We eat here at least once a month. The delivery is weak, better go get it yourself. The food is good and always hot. I dont care for the bar, but they make a good mai tai

1  Thank Pete T

Reviewed 9 July 2013

A friend told me about the Sunday brunch at Panda some time ago, and this past Sunday I checked it out. Wow. Not only a very good sushi display but also very good sashimi. At least 15 hot items plus about six or seven appetizer items.. and the custom soup station I haven't seen since I was in China.
Unlimited Mimosa/Champagne/MaiTai... about 25 bucks.

I have to recover before I come back.. ate to much just sampling everything

2  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed 22 April 2013

After flying all day on business to E. Pasadena, and having had no lunch, I walked from my hotel to a shopping area on Foothill Blvd. where I knew of some good restaurants. Enroute I spotted the Panda Inn and knew instantly that Chinese is what I needed for comfort food. Even though it was rather early for dinner, there were lots of cars in the lot - - a good sign. As I was alone I opted for a table in the spacious bar area where there were three or four TV screens. I was greeted quickly by bartender Caton who explained the menu and provided tea recommendations. I ordered garlic chicken with steamed rice. My order was served promptly and piping hot, enough for two meals. The seasoning of the entree was excellent and the snow peas were exceptionally fresh and attractive. The overall experience was pleasing and I will return during the ten days I will be in Pasadena. As I left I checked out the main dining area and was surprised at its size, and how busy it was. The decor was attractive and I would enjoy a relaxing meal there with my wife at a future date.

1  Thank delzville
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We have been to many good chinese restaurants, but this one had really outstanding food selections. We had a large group so we sampled meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes - all were very well done. The prices were reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Went there with my son and family. The food was very good. It is a bit pricey but as was said previously..you get what you pay for. The service and atmosphere are great as well.