“From Naples with Love!”

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Placerville, California
“From Naples with Love!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Authentic Italian dishes handed down through 3 generations. Truly amazing!

Sit outside in beautiful Pasadena weather or indoors.

First focaccia bread with a rolling sauce comprising of olive oil, balsamic and garlic. Wonderful!

Then choose from a large menu of traditional Italian dishes or select from a separate menu of the Chefs Creations. I dared to venture out of my comfort zone and was thrilled. I tried the Vegetable Ravioli with mushrooms, artichoke, and sundried tomato. My taste buds were thrilled. I haven't tasted food this good in years!

I will be back!

• Visited September 2013

HK
“Italian Restaurant for a family outing”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

it is lunch time and we were trying to figure out what to eat, and we were recommended of this place by friends. This is a family restaurant and not a formal dinnng place, shorts and sandals are welcome. Servcie is what you would expect from a family place, friendly and a lot of smiles. Portion is more than acceptable. Expext spend about $15-20 per person

• Visited June 2013
Pasadena, California
“Love the food here”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Sometimes saying which Italian restaurant is your favorite is like saying which child you like best.

The email from Marias came in today and I realized that we hadn't gone there for months. We used to have a very favorite waitress Courtney and since she was no longer there, we just hadn't gone back.

I'm glad we did, we had a waiter named Ryan who was a true joy and even though we miss Courtney, we really enjoy the food there. (Ryan was so good looking too)

Since I always have to share with my husband I can't comment on many of their meals, but we do have the Ravioli sometimes with a meat sauce and like tonight the angel hair with meat sauce. Like I said boring, but the sauce is very good, unlike the heavy and thick sauce at Vinces in Ontario, which we also like, the sauce at Marias is very light and very nice.

One of my favorite things when I could eat a normal amount was the Bruschetta , It is very good, served on a delicious slice of bread. While i'm not an expert on this, I've had it a number of times and this at Marias, is the one I like the most.

The meals come with a flatbread and a dip of olive oil and vinegar. It is very good.

Salads don't come with the meals sadly, but you can buy for a nominal price. I'm not so fond of the salad as it has sliced peppers in it. I pick them out but since they are sliced, sometimes they are hard to find. Their Italian dressing could use a bit more flavor but it is fine.

It is rare on a Friday or Saturday evening for there not to be a wait for tables. It was nice tonight so we could eat on the patio. This is Thursday and by the time we left I noticed all the tables were filled.

One thing they have here that I LOVE, is the coconut cake. OMG!! it is so good. It is not cheap at all. It might be $6 or $7 for one slice. We do share that but when I could eat, I sure wanted my own!!!!!

I hope you will try Marias in Pasadena, as the food is very good, very reasonable and it has good service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ella O
alabama gulf coast
“Excellent food; good service”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

On business in LA, staying in Pasadena, I went to Maria's on the recommendation of my hotel. First, I went for dinner and tried the gnocchi (one of my favorites). It was excellent and plentiful (enough for a second meal), prepared in a light marinara sauce. After eating the leftovers two nights later I decided it was probably the best gnocchi I've had since Ravello, Italy many years ago. On a return trip I went for a light lunch. I ordered from the lunch menu and selected soup and salad. I chose the chopped Italian salad with the soup-of-the-day, cream of potato. Both were outstanding, particularly the soup. The entre, along with homemade bread & soft drink came to under $10. Amazing, and the service was very good on both occasions. I make make another visit before leaving town !

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank delzville
Orlando, Florida
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

GREAT food, super nice staff, jam packed on a Friday night (that's a good sign), reasonably priced, we had dinner at the bar which turned out to be the perfect place to meet and greet! Great, great food! One of the better Italian restaurants I've visited.

• Visited January 2013