“Worth the climb”
Review of Cafe Santorini

Cafe Santorini
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Santorini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Delacy
Transit: 2 blocks away on Holly St.
Description: Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Food and service, absolutely excellent, both quality, quantity and price. The only downsides....2 long, steep flights of stairs to enter, (I walk with a cane) and, I suspect the place might be somewhat noisy, when they are full....I was there when only 1 other table was occupied.
I ordered the grilled calamari appetizer (was easily enough for 3)...delicious, then the lamb shank (only enough for 2), and equally delicious.
When I entered after the climb, the bartender cheered for me....then quite obviously rewarded my efforts when he poured the glass of wine he suggested ....again, a superb cab, & the fullest glass I've ever had.
Definitely, 'worth the climb'.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Such a good choice on the menu we had to eat here twice whilst in Pasadena for the breeders cup. Excellent service and food is superb, especially live the porter guy who refills you water etc! You can sit indoors or outdoors with a very mediterranean feel! Good wine list and not too expensive either.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been to Cafe Santorini three times - twice in the past month. There are a lot of stairs in this place but it is well worth the exercise. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The kebobs are outstanding. What I like best about Cafe Santorini is the atmosphere - I've had a romantic dinner there, and I've also had two family get togethers there ... and in both cases, it was a great experience. It is also just one block from Pasadena's Colorado Blvd. - so it is fun to finish dinner, and then walk Colorado Blvd. with a ton of other people. Pasadena is a great city - and Cafe Santorini is a wonderful restaurant ... I highly recommend both!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Restaurants come and go in Old Town Pasadena, but the Cafe Santorini has been there many years because it is consistently a great place to eat. Their specialty is Mediterranean food but there are many treats on the menu from other cuisines. My wife and I went there after the movies this afternoon. We started with sharing the spicy tuna tartar and it was absolutely delicious and there was far too much of it. I wondered how I would be able to finish my entree. My wife had the lamb souvlaki. The lamb was very flavorable and cooked perfectly medium-rare, as she had ordered it. I had the cioppino over linguini, an immense bowl of delicious seafood. We had so much food that we both asked for boxes to take our dishes home -- we'll swap dishes later in the week for dinner. The service was excellent throughout the meal and we ordered a nice sauvignon blanc to wash down the meal. If the weather is compatible, ask for a table on the balcony, where you can watch the world go by downstairs.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was really excellent food served piping hot. If we had been staying in Pasadena longer I would have been in this place every night. 10 out 10 as far as we were concerned. The restaurant is upstairs tucked away in a courtyard with an outdoor patio. Perfect.