“Busy Sat night in old town Pasadena”
Review of Cafe Santorini

Cafe Santorini
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Santorini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 728 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Delacy
Transit: 2 blocks away on Holly St.
Description: Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a great spot but on a busy night you must have reservations or be asked to wait 1-2hours. This place is very successful because of it's location and great food and management. The food was excellent - we 2 split a salad and a pizza and barely finished it all. The special entrees that we saw were generous portions and large plates. The wine list has something for everyone. This building is an odd layout of 3 levels - busboys were lugging buckets of ice and other items up and down stairs. The upper bar area was warm and stuffy after a hot day - the outside seating on the patio was beautiful. However, they do a huge volume in this restaurant and the tables are close - not quite like an airline but you know what I mean - you can check out your neighbor's food no problem. The service was good from the hardest-working wait-staff in town. Overall a positive experience on a busy night.
We paid $60 with 2 glasses of wine.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I visited with two friends on a week day evening at the suggestion of our hotel concierge. We were not disappointed. We made a 7:15 reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. We had the choice to sit inside or out, but chose inside as it was a bit chilly.

We received some tasty herb bread when we sat down. The wine list was not overwhelming and we each ordered a glass of wine. I ordered the wild mushroom risotto. Out of this world delicious! The best risotto I have ever had was made by a family member in Italy. This risotto at Cafe Santorini was a very close second. The rice was perfectly al dente with wonderful seasonings and lots of different textured mushrooms. For a first in a long time, I ate every bite.

My dining companions had the beef kabobs and they raved about them. All I know is that I wasn't about to share my risotto.

Although not an inexpensive place to dine, I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion - or just some great risotto.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hidden away in an alley off Colorado Blvd, Cafe Santorini has a distinct Mediterranean flavor and setting on the second floor. We went mid-week for an early dinner and had attentive service, white table cloth and the food was above average and tasty (Red Curry Risotto and Lamb Shank) and reasonably priced. Though not outstanding, the overall experience was quite satisfying .... we plan to come back again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went to cafe Santorini expecting a good Greek meal. While the menu appears rich and representative of Mediterranean plates, the food is rather mediocre, and does not taste like Greek food. I was disappointed by the food and by the atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Service was very good. Food was good, but not outstanding. I would love to go back and give it another chance, but place is very, very noisy. Tables are placed so closely together that you can't help but hear the conversation at the next table. Wanted to love it because I'd heard good things, but would only go back at off hours.