“great food and nice atmosphere in the heart of old town.”

Akbar Cuisine of India
Ranked #237 of 705 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Akbar best indian restaurant in Los Angeles and Zagat top rated business. Now we're avaiable for online order - Powered by Clorder.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great food and nice atmosphere in the heart of old town.”
Reviewed 12 January 2008

great food and nice atmosphere in the heart of old town.

Texas
“Long wait......”
Reviewed 31 December 2007

Went there for lunch - the food was pretty good, and provided at a low price/calorie ratio. The restaurant offers (more or less) only plate lunches around noon. They include your protein of choice, rice, dal, and some cucumber salad. Really not bad, but having to wait 40 minutes for any food when only three tables were occupied in the whole place seemed unusual.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Imitation food. Poor service. High Prices. You want Indian food, go to All India Cafe.”
Reviewed 23 December 2007

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good spices - different...”
Reviewed 16 December 2007

Good spices - different kinds of nan - love it!

Pasadena, California
“Worst restaurant experience ever!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2007

The food is okay but the service and professionalism demonstrated by the staff, especially the hostess, needs improvement. We decided to choose this restaurant for lunch and as soon as we told the hostess that we had a party of eight, she seemed hesitant to sit us together.
When we told her that we can split the group into two just to make it easier for her to sit us, her exact words were "Okay, just go". She did not even bother to lead us to the tables so we had to seat ourselves. After we got our order, I noticed that they forgot to serve one of the mango lassis we ordered. I finally caught her attention after calling her several times and when I explained the problem, she tells me, "You mean you want the mango lassi, because you didn't order it earlier...you ordered something else but i didn't
get it." I thought she was extremely rude, because i remembered ordering the mango lassi and I even pointed it to her in the menu while I was ordering. She also forgot another order of Samosa, but I did not bother mentioning it since I was probably going to get the same bad attitude from her. Her mistake was not writing them down as she was taking the order, she was trying to remember all the orders in her head. If there was something she did not understand from the order, the least thing she could do was ask the customer again to repeat the order and not try to insult the customer. One other thing I noticed is that their utensils are not washed thoroughly. Some of the plates and utensils that were given to us still had residues of dried food left in them. We tried to catch their attention again to get it replaced but the employee busing the tables would not even turn her head and kept right on walking as if she has not heard anyone calling her. Good thing we found some extra utensils on the table that were cleaner so we didn't bother calling them over. My overall experience in this restaurant has been horrible...the food is average at best and the service is the worst I have ever experienced in all the restaurants I've visited. I'm usually generous
with the gratuity, but in this case, I don't think that they deserve the mandatory 20 % tip for big parties. This was my first time at this restaurant and it will probably be the last time I go there. If you are looking for great Indian food in Pasadena, Radhika's would be the better choice by far. Their food is much better, and their staff is far more accomodating to their customers.