“Special night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkway Grill

Parkway Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkway Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 698 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: California
Description: Since 1984, Parkway Grill has specialized in a seasonal, market-driven approach to cooking that incorporates diverse influences and classic French technique. Demonstrating the ultimate commitment to fresh produce, the Parkway Grill planted its own organic vegetable and herb garden behind the restaurant. Tiki Salad, Brick-Oven Baked Cambozola Pear Flat Bread, and Whole Ginger Fried Catfish are long-time favorites. The design of the Parkway Grill is a study in casual sophistication, striking a perfect balance between elegance and rustic approachability. The brick walls are adorned with elegant paintings by Millard Sheets and mixologists prepare hand-crafted cocktails at the expansive bar, an original from 1920's Chicago. Parkway's award-winning wine cellar, comprised of upwards of three thousand bottles, includes a broad selection of wines served by the glass.
San Bernardino, California
“Special night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have been coming here off and on for 14 years. It's an hour drive, but well worth it. Tonight we were 8 and brought 4 bottles of wine to drink. Their policy is that they will pour 3 (with corkage fee). We asked if they would make an exception and accommodated us. Thank you.

We shared Cesar salad and 20 oz steak- no problem. Bread is exceptional !

Looking forward to return visit.

Los Angeles, California, Usa
“I thought I would love this place, but I'm having a hard time finding a reason to go back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I had always heard great things about Parkway Grill and Arroyo Chop House. For years, I had been trying to find an occasion to stop in, but either it was out of the way, I/We wanted something quick/cheap, or it just didn't pop into my head as an option. THEN, one day, we were in Pasadena looking for a dinner spot with my parents. My mother has been to both restaurants multiple times and suggested we try PG after our first choice down the street asked us to wait an hour. (I was hungry; didn't want to wait even five minutes.)

Décor was lovely dark wooded walls and the restaurant had a simple elegance about the dining room and appointments. Service was initially prompt, but our dinner for five ended up lasting nearly three hours in a not-too-busy dinner seating. Wait staff were polite and amiable but I never saw another iced tea or even an ice water refill even though others at my table were refilled. My attempts to ask were either ill-timed, or the server disappeared before I could ask. It wasn't bad service. It just seemed like every thing took a little longer than it should, and our simple little meal dragged on for much too long.

I must however, mention that THE FOOD WAS AWESOME. It was *so* good. At our table we had duck breast, filet mignon, pork chops, braised spare ribs, salmon, and a lovely assortment of sides, and desserts afterward. All were amazing. Perfectly prepared and seasoned. My mouth waters just thinking about how tender and juicy and filet was. And the salmon...so delicate and expertly cooked...practically melted in my mouth. Really. It was really, really good.

So, you see, I really want a reason to go back. I loveLoveLOVEd the food, but the experience as a whole leaves me underwhelmed.

Los Angeles, California
“meh...got the special--a Kansas City NY steak bone-in and it was average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I asked if steak was USDA prime and they insist it was but I can tell you it was not as good as the steaks they sell at Maraconda's in the farmers market on Fairfax (which really are USDA prime). The steak was over $40.00 and it was OK but for that price was hoping for something more. One of the people I was with also got the filet which was full of gristle. Service was fine, space is a little sterile. Charged $20.00 corkage to boot. I will not go back.

Tokyo, Japan
“Just Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Although a bit far away from the old town, Parkway Grill is well worth the visit. Free valet parking is provided. Wonderful interior. Good drinks and a good wine list. Service was excellent and the bottom line is, good food here.

Glendale, California
“Another fabulous evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We enjoyed another great evening at our traditional anniversary dinner choice. The ambiance is wonderful, the staff friendly and the food fabulous. We enjoyed the entire experience, as will you.

• Visited July 2014