“Nice for breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Nice for breakfast”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our monthly group of 8 had breakfast here in September. We were seated at a long table in a side room with no other customers, so it was nice and quiet to talk. Six of us had omelets, one pancakes and one eggs Benedict. My omelet was OK, but nothing special. The person having pancakes with blueberries said it was too sweet. The service was very good, however they would not divide our bill into two checks. We like to do this since one person is in a wheelchair plus his wife and a caretaker, so they like to separate their bill for three. That was a minor inconvenience but no biggie. Groups should be aware that they add a tip for parties greater than five. Parking is convenient in a back lot with an entrance off both Lake Ave and a side street to the north.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Francis S

Naples, Florida
“Great local find”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

After reviewing Trip Advisor, we decided to try Kathleen"s and we were not disappointed. We had a great lunch with excellent service.

• Visited July 2013
Castaic, California
“Hidden little gem”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I were treated to dinner at one of my Aunt's favorite restaurants last week. After visiting Kathleen's in Pasadena, I understand why she enjoys dining there. The dining room was clean, comfortable and conducive to conversation. The owner, Kathleen, seated us and the wait staff were appropriately attentive. Kathleen's menu was a perfect collection of pastas, salads, sandwiches, steak and mexican selections. I ordered the steak sandwich and it was delicious. We all added a cup of soup and both the tortilla and cream of broccoli were great. The prices were average and the experience was well worth it. I only wish I lived closer so that we could enjoy Kathleen's more often.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Kbarber2007
Altadena, CA
“Really good food, from breakfast to dinner”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have been coming to Kathleen's for a long time… decades. The dining room kind of looks like it got frozen in time, but the food is really good. My daughter usually gets their chicken caesar salad or pasta. I love their Salmon or Halibut dinner (fish cooked perfectly).

Their breakfast is also tasty. Omelets, Belgian waffles topped with fresh fruit and I really enjoy their pumpkin-walnut bread.

The place hasn't changed in decades. So not the trendiest place, but I slide into their big booths, glance at the menu and am just happy at a place that takes pride to do their food well and consistently.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank aswessen
Pasadena, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE”
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Great food & great service plus reasonable prices. I had a chicken kabob served with rice pilaf, steam vegetables and your choice of soup or salad. Their homemade soups are to die for. After dinner you can't go home without having their homemade desserts. It was a great experience. Don't miss out.

• Visited March 2011