“Very good mexican restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Altadena, California
“Very good mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I've been a regular at Margaritas for quite a few years...as a rule (when I go to a Mexican restaurant) I usually stay away from the "classic" dishes such as burritos and such and go for the specialties...no exception here (except for the Tacos, especially the soft ones)...my favorites are the Chicken or Beef chipotle, la costa special, beef picado, camarones zacatecas or the chicken mole.
the guac is also really good.

• Visited March 2014

Pasadena, California
“Was not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We came here for dinner. My wife had the carnitas salad and I had carnitas tacos. Normally, we would order somewhat different foods but not this time. Their service was good - the orders were taken accurately, quickly, and they kept checking on us to see if we needed more water or chips/salsa. I also ordered a regular margarita and it was pretty good - I can't say I've ever had a bad one, though! I guess I am giving an average rating because the carnitas on the tacos were pretty dry and a bit tasteless. My wife agreed with me on both counts for her salad.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Altadena, California
“Great Margarita's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Margarita's offers Great Food, Service, and Beverages at resonable prices. The Salsa and Chips are outstanding. This is the Best Mexican Food on the East Side of Pasadena!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Parrothead1829-2
Pasadena, CA
“Pretty good Mexican. Good margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a good place to go to get the lunch buffet. And they have a great seafood taco salad!

• Visited December 2011
los angeles
“Try the Chipotle Beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have dinner here several times a year. The service is always prompt and rarely is there a wait for a table. The chips and salsa are fresh and seemingly endless. My favorite dish is the chipotle beef, tender steak slices simmered in a spicy red sauce with onions and mushrooms. Pair it with a icy margarita for an excellent meal.