“great ambience, pricey but food only so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of McCormick & Schmick's - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Kimberly, Idaho
“great ambience, pricey but food only so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

10.27.13 - hosted our small wedding dinner on their outdoor patio. The location was great - no other diners in the patio so we had the place to ourselves. Our server was very friendly but the bottle of 2010 Cabernet he highly recommended was lousy despite the steep price. Our appetizers raw Oyster on the half shells were quite good, the dip dull though. The Calamari "Fritto Misto" with roasted tomato sauce and Lemon Aioli was quite good but greasy. The Lump Crab Tower looks beautiful but I didn't get to taste it so I can't say more. My entree, seared Scallops with tomato Pesto, on a bed of Crab Potato Hash and sauteed Spinach was so salty. For $29.99 you get only 3 scallops and a "ton of salt". Are they trying to pickle the bride in brine? The groom had the deluxe seafood bowl. To our dismay it was cooked to death and rubbery. Are they trying to starve the groom? But this is a Seafood restaurant! Why can't they do it right? One of our guest had the Herb crusted Alaskan Halibut with roasted Vegetables & Potatoes with lemon butter. It didn't look very exciting. No comments from him and he is usually very vocal about food. He eats out everyday because his wife doesn't cook so he knows food.
Final tab for 5 dinners was $400 not including tips and we skipped desserts.
The decor inside the restaurant was nice, warm and inviting - lots of teak panelling and stained glass and a mounted Moosehead which of course they factor into the price of the meals.

• Visited October 2013

Pasadena, California
“Average review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food tasted good at the time I was there. I ordered a blackened chicken pasta dish. But later in the day, I felt really thirsty - almost as if the food had an excess amount of msg.

Visited September 2013
“Good, but potential to be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Food quality is good with a reasonable number of healthier choices.
Service average good.
Atmosphere is good inside and has the potential to be more appealing in the outside patio. Maybe a firepit or impressive water feature. The patio almost seems more connected to the adjacent CPK.
Cost is relatively high in terms of the quality/price tradeoff.
(Eaten there a number of times.)

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Best deal in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

McCormick & Scmick's happy hour menu is a great deal. You must sit in their very pleasant Craftsmen inspired bar or at the outdoor bar tables.
Well drinks are four bucks- and wine and beer are similarly priced. We had the cheeseburger and fries, $3.99 with drink purchase. They were tasty and juicy. Service was excellent. Many other choices- fish tacos, buffalo wings and more.
A nice alternative if you can go between 430 and 7 and want to skip the pricier dinner menu.
Great ambiance.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“If I could give this place a zero rating, I would!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My partner and I had a very unpleasant experience during our visit yesterday. I ordered creamed spinach and I CHEWED ON A PIECE OF CARDBOARD while eating it. This is appalling, unhygienic, and unacceptable! I asked to speak with the manager and he was very carefree and apologized in a nonchalant manner. To top off our visit, I had to stop in the middle of the hallway to tie my shoelace, and this snobby host yelled at me and said "This is not Payless!" This is certainly not how we wanted to spend our Saturday dinner.

• Visited June 2013