“Not your typical hot dog joint”
Review of The Slaw Dogs

The Slaw Dogs
Ranked #174 of 718 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Slaw Dog in Pasadena offers a great way to combine different hot dog/sausage meat types with toppings you may never have considered. They always offer 4-6 new items not on menu, last night we all ordered the Cuban Dog along with an order of truffle fries, and it was great. They are very good about customizing your dog, so go ahead and have it your way. Good choice of beer and a very friendly staff.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stopped in at The Slaw Dogs in Pasadena on the suggestion of a friend as he raved about their dogs. I think they were probably a little bit above average, but nothing to really shout about. They are good, but not fabulous. I tried the chili dog (#1 The Traditional). I could swear I have tasted that chili somewhere else, but just can't remember. I chose onion rings for the additional $3.99 combo (included a drink). The rings were not fabulous, and quite a small serving (7 relatively small rings, battered) considering they were close to $3 (if you take off the price of the drink). The sweet potato fries were okay, but again, nothing to shout about. So the dog, with combo, runs about $10, more if you choose one of the more expensive specialty dogs. We decided we might stop in again and try something else, but won't make a trip out to Pasadena. Perhaps I'll try a burger next time...

1  Thank GreggL14
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Great food, if you like a bit of culinary adventure. Try the specials, like the Elvis, with peanut butter and banana -- really!!! Or the signature O.G. Thai Slaw Dog -- delicious. The Kimchee sweet potato fries with an egg on top are a revelation, as are the truffle oil fries. The classics are good also, including a real Chicago dog. Cheerful atmosphere, low key and welcoming, with an excellent selection of beer and soft drinks. Great for kids.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

What a great place to eat! the Hot dogs are loaded with flavor and trust me, one will fill you up. Taste sides as well. This location also serves a great selection of micro brews and imports! What a plus when watching a game here. The staff at this location is fantastic and friendly. Really a must for any hot dog lovers in the Pasadena area. We live closer to the one on Ventura, but prefer the quality and service at this one best.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

After having eaten at Dawg Haus, we expected something simiar at Slaw Dogs. We were totally disapponted. A small hole-in-the-wall; only the servings are smaller. I had the L.A Dog and it was the least tasty hot dog I've had since Weinerschnitzel. The fries were a serving smaller than the dollar special in most fast-food places. I will not be coming back to this place.

1  Thank Rene V