“Nepal in all its glory!”
Review of Tibet Nepal House

Tibet Nepal House
Reserve with OpenTable
Tibet Nepal House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 705 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Electric Dr.
Description: Order Food Online From Best Himalayan food in Pasadena -Powered By Clorder
Connecticut
“Nepal in all its glory!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel gave us a list of restaurants to check out. The first that enthralled me was the Tibet Nepal House. I had to go there - my birthday dinner! We were so enthralled with the restaurant's ambiance, not to mention the menu. It was a combination of Tibetian and Indian cuisine, all of which was sublime. The clay oven chicken was succulent, bright; The lamb dishes were beyond compare. Wish I could get these guys to come to Connecticut. We're not all pizzas here, after all.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Laura H

Warrington, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I tried the yak. It was spicy and delicious. Really enjoyed the meal. Attentive service. Good value. Casual family atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Monica W
st. louis, missouri
“Best Tikki Masala I've tasted!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was fortunate enough to get a seat without a wait at the Tibet Nepal House during a heavy tourist weekend. I tried the Yak mo-mos (dumplings) as an apetizer and the Chicken Tikki Masala as a main course. I was amazed at the tender chicken that comprised my main meal. The seasonings were perfect (I ordered medium heat) and all of the sides were great as well.

The interior is smallish, but the service is very good and everyone is very inviting.

Don't miss this restaurant!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank cmaniac
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Well-cooked food, good value, attentive service”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

There's a wide range of good restaurants in Pasadena, and Tibet Nepal House is one of them.

We had the lunchtime buffet, and lassi to drink, and it was fine. There was a friendly welcome and a good value, well-cooked meal. The food was mild enough to suit my friend, and I was able to spice mine up with a good helping on the intense red chutney. It's not a fancy place, but it's relaxed and comfortable. I would certainly return there.

My only disappointment was that the food served on the buffet is not what I would think of as Nepalese or Tibetan. It was more what I would expect in a North Indian/Punjabi restaurant. Tandoori chicken, naan (different names, of course, different languages) and a range of vegetable dishes.

I saw on the menu that there are Nepalese and Tibetan dishes to be had (including yak in various forms) but you would have to dine a la carte for that. Next time that's what I will do.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Margaret F
Singapore
“Worth a trip”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This is a distinctive place: food is well-priced and tasty; service is warm and appropriately attentive; and it is different enough to feel like a journey. I had a very quick dinner late, and everything was fresh. I tried the yak dumplings for appetizer and would definitely get them again (tastes a bit like bison). Give this place a try!

1 Thank singtraveljunkie