“Good for Lunch”

Conrad's Restaurant Pasadena
Ranked #306 of 718 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Description: "We Serve to Serve Again" Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Breakfast available all day. Full Bar with lounge. Great Beers on Tap as well as a nice selection of Wines and Spirits. Perfect for families, business meetings, dinner dates, and watching sporting events on our flat screens. Great service and a super friendly atmosphere. Also there is plenty of parking.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went here for lunch today with a friend of mine. I had the lasagna with garlic bread. It was very good, but as one other reviewer mentioned, the food was a bit salty. The portion size was pretty big with lots of meat & cheese. My entree also came with a choice of soup. My friend had a breakfast plate with eggs and sausage which he said was very good.

The service was quick and friendly. This place has the feel of a diner to it. It is certainly not a fancy place. It does seem to get a large number of senior citizens eating here. They do have a large menu here with sandwiches, burgers, salads, seafood, pasta etc.

It is a good place for what it is (basically a diner). Just don't go in expecting it to be like the Ritz Carlton and you may enjoy this place.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

This is your old neighborhood coffee shop. It has become an institution in Pasadena. I used to eat dinner there every day. I have to say that prices have increased over the years since I started going there in 1994, but I still go back. I no longer live in Pasadena, but still visit anytime I am in town.

This is a place where the food is reasonable, prices fair, the staff is friendly, and you would enjoy meeting your friends there.

Many of the same people have been eating here for years.

I used to eat in the bar. I have formed friends with many of the people here and staff. If you want a place to call your restaurant, you can do this at Conrad's. If you want the most memorable you can remember, this is not the place. If you want good food at reasonable prices and a friendly place, this is it.

I really like the Golden Waffles. Hard to find a place that makes real waffles.

Conrad's also has their own parking lot. Most of the time you will find an easy place to park here.

You can also book the bar for a party. If you do rent the bar, I have always had great food on those special occasions in the bar.

ZIP22313

1  Thank zip98221
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My family and I came to Pasedena to find someplace to eat since we had to drive over 2 1/2 hours from Hemet on the other side of the LA area behind the mountains of Palm Springs. We wanted to get something to eat before going to see our daughter who's in the Hospital and as I was driving area I saw the restaurant and after looking around for an hour to find a place to sit down and get some coffee and something better than the many fast food chain restaurants on Colorado.
I ordered the open face turkey sandwich, my wife ordered coffee and a pastry; and then my oldest daughter order the chicken fried steak. When we finially got our food, I was very surprised to see that the gravey that they put on the open face turkey sandwich is usually served with brown gravey, but it was a white gravey mixed with little bits of a redish pieces of someting and then when I saw the little bowl of steam vegetables that looked liked they pulled out of the bottom since it had many little pieces of other vegetables attached to what ever it was they served me. My wfie had asked for a Giant Cimminimon Roll and was she surprised that it was as big as the biskickts you get at McDonalds. When my daughter got her place, they also had given her the very small bowel of steamed vegetables and was very discusted until we both saw what looked like very watered down mashed potatoes. I tried to put butter, salt and petter and still I could not get any tasete of what was supposed to mashed potatoes and I got a Flash Back from my 22 years in the US Navy where for all those years the food that was given to us and ask anyone who ever served in the Military just how terrible the taste of the food that is served and what we all got was Slop. then when we got our bill I just couldn't beleive how much it was and the entire time that we sat there, no one come to us and asked just how the food was. if that was have been the case, then I would have told the waiter that this is about the worst slop that I ever had and even while I was in the Navy, I never had mashed potates that looked like cream of wheat.
So don't come here to waist your money and then try to stomach what ever it was that we had ordered. If I had know just how bad it was, I would have rather just gone to McDonalds where at least the food is consistance, but fast food is not were we ever go too.
If there was a way to contact the manager or owner, I would have requested my money back or much better just contact them and tell them that they'd better get a real cook behind the kitchen and serve some real food.
I did notice a phrase just outside the restaurant and it states. We Serve to Serve you, BS. They should put a Caution Sign at the door to the restaurant worn everyone that the food served here is just like being in Prision or what you once had in the Military.

3  Thank gmg1alvarez
Reviewed 17 November 2009

it's one of my favorite places for one dish, the Conrad's Special Sandwich; a grilled turkey, bacon, swiss cheese and avocado sandwich with "secret sauce" you know 1000 Island dressing. Served with fries and coleslaw. it's magic. :-)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 17 December 2008

The quality has really gone down. They do have a good chicken dinner though

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook