“Truly Italian”

Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 728 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California
Transit: We are very close tothe Del Mar Station for the Metrolink. We are about 3 blocks away.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Was meeting some long time friends for lunch, and this turned out to e the perfect spot. This was a great dinning experience. The Decor is inviting and the Staff is very welcoming and attentive without being intrusive. We order the warm olives and the Bruschetta as starers, both were good. I had the pena pasta marinara with the artisan Italian sausage. The marinara was thick and flavorful the pasta cooked just right and the sausage was a spicey delight. Two friends had the sausage sandwhich and raved about them. The 3rd friend had Grilled Salmon Club and he to was very pleased. It was also so nice to go to an Italian restaurant that had a good selection of Italian Wines and not the usual two Chianti's. We sat for a long time after finishing are food sipping wine and catching up and were never rushed. It is no wonder that this is such a highly rate restaurant, I well certainly be returning for a Dinner experience soon.

1  Thank NoHoMike

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I love Italian food, but I cook so much of it at home that I'm picky about eating it when I travel. That said, Gale's was a wonderful dining experience. It's located in the middle of a line of shops south of Colorado Blvd., so you have to know where you're going. However, you can walk there in about 10 minutes, and it is definitely worth it.

The staff are incredibly friendly and gracious. The restaurant was busy when we arrived, but they were still able to seat us right away. The decor is charming and cozy. A great spot to bring family, friends, or a date.

I'm a vegetarian, so I ordered the Orrechette Verdure, an interesting blend of spinach, broccoli and sun dried tomato that was incredibly flavorful. My mother ordered the Portabello Ravioli and raved about it. By far my favorite dining spot of the trip.

1  Thank Audrey S
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is one of my favorite local spots in Pasadena. It usually was on my list of places to take out of town guests to when I wanted to make Pasadena seem like a cool, hip urban spot!
It's Italian (name says that) and has a studio loft kind of feel with exposed brick walls and a kind of urban art feel to it. It has an open kitchen so the action is right in front of you.
The staff is great, young friendly and willing to discuss the food with you.
I have never had a bad meal here. I usually allow the wait person to help me select a good option for the night and I am never steered wrong.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The food and service were amazing. The spinach lasagna was delicious and the portion on the chicken parmesan was huge.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

A little bit pricey but good food. I sat at the bar with friends and it seemed to be a nice place for family or friends.

1  Thank karynrn52