“What a choice of Beer”

Ranked #14 of 711 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
Turnersville, New Jersey
“What a choice of Beer”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I happened in this place and wow did I love it. I think they had over a hundred beers and the food was great. Had some sort of Bacon Cheeseburger and it was the best I've had. great stop for the travelor

Visited May 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Amazing Burgers & Service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Best Burger I have had in my life! I designed my own burger with the 50% beef/ 50% bacon and it tasted amazing! My friend has the grilled cheese with bacon. Warning: it comes with an excessive amount of cheese. They even put cheese on the outside of the sandwich. It would have been an overload for me, but she enjoyed it. The service was great. Our waitress came by our table often, was very kind, and the manager even came by to ask us how everything was going. The restaurant and bathroom were both very clean. Highly recommended!

Riverside, California
“try it”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Well, it is a cool place with (it seems) 50+ beers on tap. The claim to fame is the bacon this bacon that. We had their r signature burger the Slater 50/50. We split the smaller size patty and it was plenty. The 50/50 is half beef - half bacon and sounded great. I had to try it and couldn't be talked into another place. While all the elements were there Bacon, Burger, and beer we just didn't like it because the bacon doesn't cook, as the waitress advised. We ordered it medium well and the bacon was still raw. They did assured us the internal temperature is correct. Being uncooked I could not taste any bacon flavor ? It appears they have many different type of burgers and would try something else next time, because the Mac and cheese Bacon balls and beer were with the trip.

Los Angeles, California
“Burgers, Beer and Bacon”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent burgers+at least 100 beers on tap=worth a visit.
The 50/50 burger, half beef/have bacon, was different and delicious. Be careful not to over due the condiments as it will take away from the burger experience. I suggest using the design it option where you choose everything; meat, size, bun, cheese, toppings and sauce.
Add a nicely prepared order of fries, which is big enough for 2. Check out their bacon ketchup as a dip for the fries.
If you enjoy a beer with your burger, and TravelinAlan certainly does, you will find find something to your liking among the 100+ choices.

• Visited February 2014
“Most excellent hamburger/bacon heaven”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

My son lives in Burbank and we were there for Christmas. We had already had our fill of the usual Christmas fare and was hungry for a good burger. My son told us of this wonderful place that made their burgers with 50% beef and 50% bacon. I said lets go!. They do not let you down. First let me say you can get an all beef burger if you want. The way they grind the bacon and beef together is amazing. You also get a sheet of paper and add your own condiments! Then name your burger! Baconaise.....baconketchup...wow!!! They have a menu for the kiddos too. For the beer drinkers they have a multitude of choices from your everyday to the specialty brewed. The atmosphere is full of laughing and talking with a background of art on the walls. Try to find the hidden characters! The servers are great entertainment and hustle! Our family of 8 had the best food and service and entertainment there. Definitely going back!