“Amazing Lunch!!”

Ranked #14 of 703 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Lunch!!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We had the most incredible "burger experience" at Slaters 50/50 Burger!!! I heard about the restaurant on The Food Network and said to my family, next time we are in LA we are eating at this restaurant with Bacon/Beef burgers....we all created our own and were more than satisfied. We got a combo starter instead of our own fries and there were more than enough goodies to satisfy us all.
Keep up the great work. We will be back.

San Marcos
“Burgers, Bacon and Beer! How can you go wrong?”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Beef and bacon, an amazing taste combination! I wasn't quite up to designing my own burger but the Hawaiian burger was heaven. Our server, Patrick, was funny, informative and just plain awesome. The place was packed, but he made us feel like we were the only ones in the place. What better way is there to celebrate Patrick's day on St. Patrick's day! LOL There were so many beers to choose from, it's best to talk to the host to hone in what beers work best for you. The beer menu is well organized once you figure it out, and they even tell you where all the beers come from. For us, it was a toss up between "Murder by Death" and "Not your Dude's Grandma's Pecan" Love the names. Totally recommend the "Not your Dude's Grandma's Pecan" It's a dark a very smooth Ale. Have fun, and don't forget to say hi to Patrick. :-)

• Visited March 2014
tokyo
“Prob I would prefer 100% Beef patty”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Not sure if anyone would say this out loud, but I personally prefer non 50/50 patty as 50/50 was too chewy and tho cooked well, still just looked orange....

The waiter, a handsome guy, who actually respected my space --a girl, eating solo, was quite helpful in explaining the menu. He also recommended a few when asked. (Apparently, i did not listen to his first choice for hamburger...a crispy one! and I somewhat regret that.)

I picked two appetizers, macaroni & cheese croquets and fries with bacon ketchup.
I chose a classical hamburger and loved the runny egg yolk came with it, but thought maybe the thousand island like dressing was a bit too heavy as it was also served with cheddar cheese and avocado. but after all enjoyed the experience and would def go back to find my fav food that agree with me more.

I loved the American atmosphere there, like a sport bar with 24+ monitors in the spacious restaurant! I went there about at 2:30pm-ish, so it was not too crowded and comfortable.

Next time i visit, love to try their maple/bacon shake!

• Visited March 2014
Turnersville, New Jersey
“What a choice of Beer”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I happened in this place and wow did I love it. I think they had over a hundred beers and the food was great. Had some sort of Bacon Cheeseburger and it was the best I've had. great stop for the travelor

Visited May 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Amazing Burgers & Service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Best Burger I have had in my life! I designed my own burger with the 50% beef/ 50% bacon and it tasted amazing! My friend has the grilled cheese with bacon. Warning: it comes with an excessive amount of cheese. They even put cheese on the outside of the sandwich. It would have been an overload for me, but she enjoyed it. The service was great. Our waitress came by our table often, was very kind, and the manager even came by to ask us how everything was going. The restaurant and bathroom were both very clean. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014