“My First Love”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
“My First Love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Coming here in '89, this was the delicious food I found. I would take an hour long bus ride from Hollywood in either direction on Sunday mornings. I am still going there nearly every Sunday morning when they open at 11am.

I've seen the place grow & love the people.

The purists will want more heat in the food but it is great by me as old bodies lose the ability to handle tons of peppers.

My favorites are the spinach curry & the tandoori chicken. They recently added a new naan which is delish. The mango pudding is outstanding.

New Delhi is laid back, go for food on the nice lunch buffet.

2 Thank Janetta S

Pasadena, California
“Nice Lunch Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I am normally not a huge fan of Indian food. We went here a few times for a change of pace and enjoyed it each time. I liked the chicken curry and the tandoori chicken which they had that day at the lunch buffet. The bread (called naan) was also good and was nice to dip in the curry sauce.

Last time I went there, we went on a Friday for lunch and got there early. We were able to go up to the buffet right away. However by the time we were ready for more, there was a big line at the buffet (about 15 people). Maybe having 2 lines would work better with some food in each spot? Not sure if they have enough space to do that.

Other than that, I have no complaints. The food and service were good. I am certainly not an expert on Indian food but I would go back again.

Note: This place is upstairs so you may not see it from the street when passing by unless you are looking for it.

• Visited April 2013
So Cal
“so i came back again...tasted even better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

So I can't drive to Rancho Cucamonga all the time, so to "settle" for this place wouldn't be the right word to say. If you are in Pasadena on a Sunday, head over here like I do many times; parking is free so no worries about paying $1. The buffet is always open, and while their selection is not always more than others, it is always on point, especially the chicken. For Sunday brunch, make sure you get a drink because it is part of the brunch you pay for anyway. I ordered a regular lassi this time, and I like it more than the mango one. I will have no qualms coming here (even over the other Indian buffet in Alhambra) if I don't want to drive to RC.

• Visited March 2013
pasadena, california
“Beautiful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

The restaurant has the most beautiful of the San Gabriel mountains and inside the restaurant is very quaint with an authentic feel. The food was good. Our friends from India say this is the place they go to for Indian food so that was a good sign! The parking can be a little tricky.

• Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Best Indian food in Pasadena”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

We visited this restaurant for dinner on January 14 including my mnother-in-law who is 95. The restaurant faces Colorado Blvd., but the access is tiresome. One has to walk two steps of flights ( we did not see any elevators in the building. If you enter from the back, you can avoid one flight of stairs but one has to know how to enter the back parking lot since the streets are often one-way. The access was quite trying on my mother-in-law,

However, once you enter the restuarant, it all seems worthwhile. The staff was friendly and arranged tables for the six of us quickly. We ordered vegetable pakoras (fried fritters) and they came fast, fresh and crispy. For dinner menu we chose Alu-Gobi (cauliflower & potatoes), dal-makhani (lentils in butter) and palak paneer (spinach+cheese in sauce). For breads we had several kinds of Nan and whole wheat chapati. It was the unanimous opinioin of everyone that the food was exception. We had asked those to be made mild (spice) and all dishes were. I have been pretty much to all the Indian restaurants in this area, and I believe New Delhi Palace has the best Indian food.

Had the access been better, I would have gladly given them five stars.

• Visited January 2013