“Great Bar!”

Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Sports bar serving a great choice of beers and food. Friendly staff doing a great job but can be slow when busy as get overloaded. A very good place to chill out with friends.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I recently called to inquire about a take out order. I was addressed very abruptly indicating they do honor these requests. I have been going there for years, but no longer.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018

The wide variety of beers must be their trademark, more than the food that was quite regular (chicken curry had a lot of onions and little chicken to my taste).
They proudly announce all live soccer games during the world cup although I did not attend any there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed in Pasadena for a few days for the recent Wales Vs Mexico football match and used this Pub quite a few times.
Our first impressions were good due to the bartender being very welcoming (even buying us a beer).This simple thing went a long way to us visiting every day.

We met the new Manager on the second night who explained he was new in charge and still getting to grips with how things worked etc.Still he seemed nice enough and again we spent a few hours drinking here.

On the day of the game the pub seemed completely under prepared for the number of Welsh supporters that had made the long trip over from the UK.
As soon as the place opened it filled up and kept filling up throughout the day.The attitude of several of the staff was really poor and most people commented that you could tell they didn't want to be there and certainly wasn't prepared for such a busy shift.
As in the UK when pubs fill with football fans the staff get busier.This only seemed to make them worse.
A little bit of forward planning could have easily avoided this situation.

Still it wouldn't put us off visiting this pub again and I guess they can learn from this experience for future big events.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Any bar that can do a good fish and chips rates well with me. and the poppers and blackened Chicken Caeser salad for my workmate was also good according to him. Apple pies to finish off the night with some decent beers made for a good meal.

Date of visit: January 2018