“My favorite”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Z Med Spa
Reviewed 13 May 2008

I have been going there for years and have tried others but keep coming back to them. Other spas might be more "spa like" but the massages/facials here are just a good if not better than the others and much less expensive. It's not a day spa like Burke Willams or Glen Ivy but it's closer to me and doesn't take as much time plus you get a great massage. Have never had anyone be rude to me as other reviews as said. I have recommended it to many friends and they have liked it also. If you want a larger with possible better atmosphere, then you might want to spend more and spend the day - but if you just want a great massage for stress and not spend a fortune, then Zmed Spa is my choice.

Reviewed 18 April 2008

I had compared prices for an Action FX treatment at various spas and medical facilities. Z Med Spa was almost 1/2 the price of all the places I had checked out ($1800 compared to $3,000), plus, a free microdermabrasion and a free second Action FX treatment! Gayle, the RN who performs the procedure, gave me an in-depth consultation, (much more so than a med spa up the street) using pictures of herself she had taken during her own procedure of Action FX. I was worried about the procedure being 1/2 price (was I going to get the same treatment?). Well, it was the real deal and I was very pleased with the results! My skin is smoother with less noticible fine lines and eye bags. I was also very pleased with the microdermabrasion and facial Christina performed. Plus, the atmosphere is very beautiful and relaxing. I would definately recommend this place!

1  Thank raandda
Reviewed 6 February 2008

What a sad experience I had at this salon! The owner was very rude and condescending. The staff members that I encountered were kind, but seemed to be walking on eggshells around the owner, who was hovering over them. I really feel sorry for anyone who wastes good money on a similar experience. The best way to avoid such an experience is to avoid Z med spa.

1  Thank BeaPasadena
Reviewed 20 December 2007

The owner is money hungry and rude, I actually heard her talking to the nurse about me when she thought i was in the restroom. She'll do anything for an extra buck. Go somehwere where your money is appreciated, not Z Med. All of the staff is friendly, but you can cut the tension between them and the owner with a knife.

1  Thank spagirl1975
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 September 2007

I've been to Z Med for facials, microdermabrasion, Restalyne,Genesis Laser and Botox treatment. The pumpkin facial was wonderful. I live in Pasadena and have been to MANY med spas, and for the procedures I mentioned above. Gayle, the RN that was sticking needles in my face is a TRUE pro and the results have been better than I ever expected. I wouldn't trust my face to anyone else, and I've had these procedures elsewhere where I bruised badly or I was over-Botoxed. BELIEVE ME!

Parking has never been a problem! Please! On the website they give detailed instructions on where to park, me personally, I just zipped into the residential street that corners the spa. I can't get better parking at the supermarket!

For the more serious med treatments ( not manicures) I want a person that knows what they're doing, has an aesthetic eye, and has lots of true medical experience. Gayle is hands down the best. P.S. the girl doing the facial was quite good also.

Very happy Pasadena local and TripAdvisor Member