Best Western Pasadena Inn
Howard Johnson Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$620
US$575
US$156
US$150
Best Western Pasadena Royale Inn & Suites(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$167
US$344
US$275
US$345
Hotels.com
GreenTree Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)
US$183
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$160
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast roomcolorado blvdbagelsworking ordereasy access to the freewayfree breakfastironing boardfloor roomhot tubrose bowlbed was comfortablerooms are cleanfirst floorfresh fruitcoffee makerrose paradethe air conditioning
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed here for four nights of a 39 night road trip.

Nice room - clean & comfortable and with the added bonus of a fridge. There's a couple of Target supermarkets nearby which means you can store snacks/drinks and cut down the eating out bill if you're travelling on a budget.

Convenient location - about a ten minute walk from a Metro station which takes you straight into LA, with one change of line if you want to carry on to Hollywood. A $5 daily ticket can be bought from the ticket machines at the station.

The hotel staff were pleasant and extremely helpful on the occasions I spoke to them, advising me on how to use the Metro to go into the city and other things to see/do locally. As well as the cheesy Hollywood thing, I also drove into the desert and then into the Angeles National Forest (in the mountains you can see north of the hotel) which is stunning and it's hard to believe it's so close to a urban sprawl!

Breakfast was the usual cereal & toast, although there was no hot water (or teabags) - just lots of coffee!! That's my only quibble with the place, but at ~£45 per night in a decent area you can't really grumble too much! ;-))

Would I stay here again? Yes...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Dominico76
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed at this location a couple of times, a few days at a time. It is a clean BW and has all the ammenities you can find in more expensive hotels. They have a lot of clients in transit and if you check in the afternoon and find a few cars in the parking lot do not be fooled, it is completely full at night time.
Rooms are nice, good size and they can provide a small refrigerator. The A/C is not noisy, cable TV, a table with a couple of chairs and free internet.
The breakfast is plentiful, has some fruits, boiled eggs, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, cereals, toast and bagels and a waffle machine.
You can enjoy the sun lounging at the swimming pool and if you find it cold, the hot tub is just beside it.
The only con I find is the outside coridor which is a combination of fiberglass or something similar because it vibrates when somebody is running or walking heavily. The rest are the guests that sometime roll their luggage at night not thinking about the others, same in the morning. Unfortunately these are the guests and is not the inn's fault.
Great value for the money taking in account that the rooms are in the $50-$60 range. In Old Town Pasadenna where I usually stay when in business trips, the rooms are from $180 and up with no free breakfast and $15 parking. Not here. I will come again when in the area with family or friends.

Room Tip: Usually I take a room at the upper floor further from the stairs. All rooms face the inner court
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rasvan
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My best friend and I went to LA this past weekend, and we stayed at the Best Western Pasadena Inn. We were in town for the Eagle Rock music festival. The hotel wasn't super close to the festival, but the drive wasn't too bad. Anyway. The staff was very friendly and helpful (let us check in at 11 am instead of the 1pm check in time and check out at noon). The room was comfortable, and the price was great. This hotel was better than some of the 100+ dollar hotels I have stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cure4wanderlust9
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Staff here were so helpful, courteous and genuinely wanted to make sure our stay (4 nights) was really enjoyable. Rooms were spotless, smelt nice and everything worked well. help with further reservations elsewhere, with the internet, replacing coffee (why do they use Decaf?) more cups, use the microwave extra towels, nothing was too much trouble. Knowledgeable about outside details, eg trains & buses, local places to eat.
A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brendanbedford727
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We spent two nights at this Best Western property in Pasadena during our 10-day jaunt across California and Nevada. I like Best Westerns anyway and being a child of the 70s when family road trips included stays at motels and not fancy hotels, combined with previous reviews here on Trip Advisor I was comfortable with booking here although when we pulled up to the property my teen/young adult daughters were aghast at the idea of staying in a motel, having just checked out of a Disney-owned luxury hotel just an hour earlier – so I told them to buck up. ;)

We booked two rooms and upon arrival our reservations were in order. The friendly front desk clerk found us two rooms fairly close to each other per my request, handed us our keys and we were on our way. The room and the bathroom were clean and the linens were fresh, and my picky daughters actually reported that their room was fine as well.

Breakfast in the morning was good enough for me; they had coffees, juices, hard boiled eggs, plenty of fruit, pre-packaged but good quality pastries, cereal, and fresh waffles for those who didn’t mind waiting. Since we were on a longish trip we did a couple of loads of laundry and the laundry room was clean and tidy; older model washers but large capacity and they worked just fine.

On the downside but not really a big deal, our television only picked up certain channels so we weren’t able to watch any of the cable news channels, and we had to place a couple of pairs of shoes on the window sill to anchor the draperies or else they’d puff up from the air conditioner and prevent it from circulating through the room. Otherwise, for the price we paid per night (around $70) our stay at this property was a great bargain and I would definitely consider it again when in the Pasadena area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family