“Awesome customer service”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We only stayed one night on our way to Portland from Phoenix
That being said we brought our baby and our beagle I had no idea they we're pet friendly but my wife did
I felt weird having the valet and bell hop pull out a ton of luggage for me, my wife, the baby, and a pet kennel
We took the beagle for her first elevator ride too, it turned some heads!
They even valet my daughters push car, it was hilarious!
The customer service here is a 12 out of 10!
The grounds were beautiful and the room was great too
We went swimming and grabbed a little room service before turning in for an awesome nights sleep on the heavenly bed
We highly recommend staying here for a night or even longer
You are also walking distance to some nice food and downtown sight seeing ENJOY!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel one night and received an unbelieveably wonderful rate via a deep discounter phone app. The hotel itself is well maintained and easy to find from the freeway. Within a very short walking distance is the California Pizza Kitchen and McCormick and Schmick’s. Pasadena City Hall is also a very close walk nearby.

Underground self-parking is tight and costs $9 per day for hotel guests. However, what gets tricky is the in and out costs if you are a hotel guest by leaving and returning two or more times – this is where you get nickel and dimed to death. However, parking and leaving your car overnight is truly $9. There is also the option to Valet Park. Parking is tied to the Plazas and parking area can busy and filled.

Hotel Room is small (12 feet wide by 13 feet long – 156 square feet). Within the room itself, good use of limited space is made with a wall to wall seating bench. The desk is very long, and the wall closet is good for a short stay. There is a safe and ironing board available for guests. A small refrigerator is in the room (sans wet bar items for sale) and a coffee maker but no microwave. The bathroom is on the small side. Places to hang towels are limited, and there is no exhaust fan. Room is quiet with occasional noise from those passing by in the hallway, not from neighboring rooms or of guests above.

Workout Room is fantastic! Located on the Fourth Floor, it is a large room with many treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, stability bars, mats, etc. There are hot towels as well as dry towels available. In the bathroom are locker rooms, a sauna room and a steam room. Swimming pool is very small but is sufficient for cooling off. Spa services are available.

Toiletries offered by the room are generic Westin brand. There is a catalog in the room for Westin Home items, such as sheets, etc.

Internet is $11.95 per day for meetings and for hotel guests. There is no free internet anywhere in the hotel, including lobby. Cell phone reception is absolutely terrible for Sprint users in this hotel; could not get data services at all.

There is an onsite Gift Shop and restaurant. There is also a Library/Living Room area that is comfortable for reading and relaxing.

Room is sufficient for a short stay, but I would not want to be here longer than two days max. Even though I enjoyed my stay, I would rather stay at a hotel with a larger room that includes free parking, free Internet and free breakfast. Hotel is perfect for business travelers.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms either face the east (morning sun) or west (afternoon sun) = choose according to your pr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VegasBling
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The Westin Pasadena is an overall solid Westin hotel. The carpets are tried and the bathrooms still have tuba but the bedding and general appearance of the rooms is relatively current.

The reason for my low rating is a complete service failure. I arrived to the Westin at 1:00am after a six hour flight -- just wanting to get to bed. When I walked into the lobby, there was one woman in front of me that was clearly engaged in some kind of dispute with the front desk employee. The discussion went on for about five minutes before I even got a look and the front desk employee assured me she would get someone else. Five minutes later, I sat down; no comment or offer of help from the desk employee. Five more minutes passed and a gentleman emerged from the back and looked genuinely shocked that he had to do anything. Fifteen minutes later, the dispute still raging next to me, I was checked into the hotel. Not a word of apology or even a welcome to Pasadena.

Not good treatment at any hotel, much less for an SPG elite member at a Westin that is supposed to be a top hotel in Pasadena. Complete service fail.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert M
TimLusher, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we did not make you feel welcomed/acknowledged when you approached the desk. I am sure that the agent felt somewhat 'trapped' in the confrontation. Still, he should have acknowledged you. I understand that you are upset by this interaction, but want to assure you that your business is important to us and hope that we can restore your faith in Westin.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Westin Pasadena on a business trip...Top notch hotel. Excellent gym and pool. Great amenities and location. just a shot walk to old town Pasadena. Would definitely return with the family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I grew up in Pasadena/San Marino in the 1950's. The area where this hotel sits was fairly run down then. Now Old Town is the in place. We have come to this Westin over the years because of location and the Westin brand. This is a fine hotel, close to about everything one would want to do on the East side. A keeper for sure.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to this hotel for a business trip. It worked great for us because it's location is not too far from the coast, Santa Monica, which allowed us to travel a bit.
The hotel has a decent gym as well.
Rooms are clean, comfy and spacious.

For the rate that our company paid, this was a steal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the Westin for a graduation. Loved the pool and the view of downtown Pasadena. Had lunch and breakfast at the hotel and the food and service was excellent. Great location. Could walk to downtown and convention center. Room was wonderful. Loved the heavenly bed and great shower. The work out facility was nice and they provided work out clothing if needed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin soon!

Emma S