“For LA Dodgers game”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The Westin hotel has never disappointed. The Westin Pasadena continued to please, the hotel was nice and clean. The room was clean and breakfast the following morning was delicious sitting around the fireplace in the patio. I would return again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had to book a hotel for a family wedding, there are not many high end hotel options in Pasadena so I decided on the Westin. I was pretty bummed at the entire experience. Our room was gross. Hair still in the bathroom, the bath fixtures in the shower were all falling off the wall. There were stains on the carpet! All things that should be fixed in a room before renting out to customers. I am a SPG member and this was one of there better rooms. I would hate to see their other rooms.

The gym is small and there are more machines then space so stretching and body weight exercises are done in everyone's way.

The pool deck looked uninviting as the lounges looking dirty and stained. The pool deck was cracked.

Breakfast was mediocre. I like that the Westin is trying to be health conscious but the execution was poor.

The complimentary shuttle driver was extremely rude and told us he was taking a break so we would have to wait outside for 30 min for the other driver or himself to be off break. When I asked him if we could wait inside he told is that we would loose our ride as it was first come first served. I ended up using Uber as their services are much better.
Overall I will never stay at this hotel again. Too many issues and when brought up to front desk staff, it was just shaken off.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jleahkaylor
TimLusher, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had a poor experience with us. I do not know the specifics regarding your stay but assure you that you did not have a "typical" experience. I understand that you will not stay with us again, but hope that we have not compromised your confidence in the Westin brand.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Was there for business for one night. Enjoyed the customer service, attention to details, my room was a one king bed over looking the entrance of the hotel. Very nice and clean room. Roomy bathroom. Awesome room service. Overall very satisfied!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My room, not large, but adequate, seemed almost Japanese in style, decorated with elegance and simplicity, and perfect. The public areas are attractive and dressy. The staff is noticeably more formally trained, dressed, and disciplined than more casual places. The 4th floor pool and spa area is also pretty but not large. Too bad I didn't need the exercise room, it is seriously well equipped. Parking is a bit of a hassle; you have to use the valet (extra charge plus tipping plus a wait if they're busy) or drive around the block to the labyrinthine underground garage, also for a fee. There's also a daily fee for the internet connection. The outdoor dining area is gracious and the menu very upscale (and pricey) but the day I was there, they were swamped. Apparently they had way many more guests than they expected.
My waiter apologized, they couldn't offer the breakfast I preferred. My waiter brought me some breakfast sides they still had, gratis, and rushed on. Oh well. I hope that doesn't happen often.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Harry C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a wonderful stay. Loved the window shutters instead of drapes, robe to use, comfortable bed, good water pressure, hot water and efficient shower head, bath amenities,large hand-held mirror, in-room coffee/tea, quiet--no A/C noise, in-room refrigerator, free boarding pass computer/printer area, hotel shuttle, quick elevators, pool and lobby areas, housekeeping staff, being addressed with title and last name by front desk staff, walking distance to a variety of eateries, city hall complex. Room could use a microwave and ventilation in bathroom.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have views: San Gabriel mountains, city hall, city lights at night, pool and front...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is great. There is a overnight self parking fee of $9 but that is nothing. The hotel is spotless, great and very modern. We stayed her for one night and loved it. The room had a bench seat that looked out over city hall and the room was very quit on the 11th floor. The gym was great and the area around the hotel safe. The main block (main street) is only 2 blocks away and the heart of Pasadena.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my first visit to the hotel and and it was absolutely wonderful. Everyone at the hotel was so helpful. I was actually here to have a meeting and I would diffinetely come back. Beautiful property wit excellent outside area and lots of networking space in the hotel. Restaurant - excellent food! And so much of it! Xochiti Trejo was so helpful to me as was all of the staff.

Great location for walking to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business