“staff needs customer service work”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hueytown
“staff needs customer service work”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My son booked this hotel on line using an app and he thought the price was for 2 nights. I figured hey, lets enjoy it. When we arrived tired I opted to get dinner on the way in thinking it would be a quick check in. They didn't have my reservation and after 10 minutes finally brought a manager out. He asked me to email him the confirmation. I am not sure what these rooms normally cost, but i guess i was not up to the normal clientel that must frequent. He scoffed when i asked for a aaa discount. Our reservation was for 2 queens however was told 1 King was it. I guess if i could have afforded the valet, parking would not have been so bad... 1/3 mile away. The rooms were nice but the staff needs a lot of work. When checking out, the clerk upon hearing about my frustrations offered to take off the wi fi charge that i assumed was free. Thought maybe he could have offered more of a discount. Oh well expected to much.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ConcordAlan
TimLusher, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I do not know the specifics of your stay, but apologize that the information that you received was not clear. I would have hoped that the staff would have been more welcoming and made you feel comfortable. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Pasadena for a much better experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
SF
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not only did we have a nice stay at the Westin hotel we had equally lovely meals at the hotel's restaurant, Ventanas. In particular the service was excellent! Our server Guille was efficient and very attentive especially to our 2 small kiddos! Plus the food was delicious! We'll make sure to come back again!

Imperial, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The Westin hotel has never disappointed. The Westin Pasadena continued to please, the hotel was nice and clean. The room was clean and breakfast the following morning was delicious sitting around the fireplace in the patio. I would return again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had to book a hotel for a family wedding, there are not many high end hotel options in Pasadena so I decided on the Westin. I was pretty bummed at the entire experience. Our room was gross. Hair still in the bathroom, the bath fixtures in the shower were all falling off the wall. There were stains on the carpet! All things that should be fixed in a room before renting out to customers. I am a SPG member and this was one of there better rooms. I would hate to see their other rooms.

The gym is small and there are more machines then space so stretching and body weight exercises are done in everyone's way.

The pool deck looked uninviting as the lounges looking dirty and stained. The pool deck was cracked.

Breakfast was mediocre. I like that the Westin is trying to be health conscious but the execution was poor.

The complimentary shuttle driver was extremely rude and told us he was taking a break so we would have to wait outside for 30 min for the other driver or himself to be off break. When I asked him if we could wait inside he told is that we would loose our ride as it was first come first served. I ended up using Uber as their services are much better.
Overall I will never stay at this hotel again. Too many issues and when brought up to front desk staff, it was just shaken off.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jleahkaylor
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had a poor experience with us. I do not know the specifics regarding your stay but assure you that you did not have a "typical" experience. I understand that you will not stay with us again, but hope that we have not compromised your confidence in the Westin brand.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Was there for business for one night. Enjoyed the customer service, attention to details, my room was a one king bed over looking the entrance of the hotel. Very nice and clean room. Roomy bathroom. Awesome room service. Overall very satisfied!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My room, not large, but adequate, seemed almost Japanese in style, decorated with elegance and simplicity, and perfect. The public areas are attractive and dressy. The staff is noticeably more formally trained, dressed, and disciplined than more casual places. The 4th floor pool and spa area is also pretty but not large. Too bad I didn't need the exercise room, it is seriously well equipped. Parking is a bit of a hassle; you have to use the valet (extra charge plus tipping plus a wait if they're busy) or drive around the block to the labyrinthine underground garage, also for a fee. There's also a daily fee for the internet connection. The outdoor dining area is gracious and the menu very upscale (and pricey) but the day I was there, they were swamped. Apparently they had way many more guests than they expected.
My waiter apologized, they couldn't offer the breakfast I preferred. My waiter brought me some breakfast sides they still had, gratis, and rushed on. Oh well. I hope that doesn't happen often.

1 Thank Harry C
Chicago
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a wonderful stay. Loved the window shutters instead of drapes, robe to use, comfortable bed, good water pressure, hot water and efficient shower head, bath amenities,large hand-held mirror, in-room coffee/tea, quiet--no A/C noise, in-room refrigerator, free boarding pass computer/printer area, hotel shuttle, quick elevators, pool and lobby areas, housekeeping staff, being addressed with title and last name by front desk staff, walking distance to a variety of eateries, city hall complex. Room could use a microwave and ventilation in bathroom.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have views: San Gabriel mountains, city hall, city lights at night, pool and front...