“Perfect place to stay in Pasadena”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect place to stay in Pasadena”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I enjoy staying here when I am in Pasadena . The rooms are a bit small but the location is perfect and as a Gold Starwoods member they always treat me pretty well . It's close to old town and restaurants / bars and all the business. Moreover, great gym actually one of the best hotel gyms I have seen. Pool is nice also . Parking is a bummer if you do the structure as in and outs you have to pay each time . Still good hotel overall and great location.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When staying at a Westin there is a certain level of expectation. They met or exceeded my expectations at this location. Pasadena is a charming city with great restaurants and clubs if that is your scene. There are museums and cultural experiences that educate as well as entertain. Set up your base at the Westin where you are close to the center of this enchanting city.

Due to prime space the hotel is tucked in the downtown area and easy to find. Just be aware and ease into the valet area as the space is limited. The valet staff were average I would say as the only negative part of my review. The lobby is not grand or dull, it's just inviting and warm. The front desk staff where professional and very courteous. I asked my usual request to be on the highest floor possible away from elevators and ice machines. The young lady looked at computer made some key strokes and voila she granted my request.

My room on the 11th floor was a standard room facing the San Gabriel mountains. For the size of the room they maximize space very well. The room was clean and nicely appointed with the Westin flair. I am impressed how the closet insert used space and functionality.

This hotel is updated with warm tones that invite the traveller to relax. The best part of my visit for the one night stay was hanging out at the bar with bartender Lauren. If I can vote for best hotel bartender, she wins. Even if you do not partake in libations go and enjoy a soda and her award winning service.

My only regret was that I was here for a conference and only stayed one night being a whirlwind of a stay. Do enjoy the green option offered at check-in, do explore the area and stay at the Westin.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChipsTravels
Folsom, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here on a weekend with my husband for a friend's wedding. Our bed was so comfortable and I slept great. This is wonderful. Our room was a little close to the elevator, so we did have some noise while people walked to their rooms at night. If I stayed here again, I would request a room further from the elevator. I would also inquire about rooms with views. We had a view of an ugly parking lot, but there are some rooms with views of the capitol building. The hotel restaurant was great and even had organic eggs. The outdoor seating area was lovely. The only issue we had was with the hotel shuttle. They have a neat service that will bring you and pick you up from any location within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Well, we were cutting it a little close to get to the wedding destination even though we followed the hotel's advice about how early to call for the shuttle. Unfortunately we had to wait an hour for them to pick us up because they drove to the wrong location much further than the 3 mile radius and it took a long time for them to get back to us. That was a bummer, but I think it was just a dumb mistake on their part. People make mistakes. It's nice that they have the shuttle service, but I can't recommend it based on our experience. The other thing is that they charge a lot for parking. Unless you pay for premium valet parking you don't get in and out privileges. This does bother me. I believe that if you are paying to stay at a hotel parking should be included with your nightly rate. Unfortunately this is becoming less common. I can still recommend the hotel since I slept so well. I liked the bed so much I looked up how much they sell them for.

Room Tip: Ask about rooms with a view. Ask about where quiet rooms are if you don't like noise.
Green Features: They give you incentives to not use the maid service.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer D
Hueytown
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My son booked this hotel on line using an app and he thought the price was for 2 nights. I figured hey, lets enjoy it. When we arrived tired I opted to get dinner on the way in thinking it would be a quick check in. They didn't have my reservation and after 10 minutes finally brought a manager out. He asked me to email him the confirmation. I am not sure what these rooms normally cost, but i guess i was not up to the normal clientel that must frequent. He scoffed when i asked for a aaa discount. Our reservation was for 2 queens however was told 1 King was it. I guess if i could have afforded the valet, parking would not have been so bad... 1/3 mile away. The rooms were nice but the staff needs a lot of work. When checking out, the clerk upon hearing about my frustrations offered to take off the wi fi charge that i assumed was free. Thought maybe he could have offered more of a discount. Oh well expected to much.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ConcordAlan
TimLusher, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I do not know the specifics of your stay, but apologize that the information that you received was not clear. I would have hoped that the staff would have been more welcoming and made you feel comfortable. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Pasadena for a much better experience.
SF
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not only did we have a nice stay at the Westin hotel we had equally lovely meals at the hotel's restaurant, Ventanas. In particular the service was excellent! Our server Guille was efficient and very attentive especially to our 2 small kiddos! Plus the food was delicious! We'll make sure to come back again!

Stayed July 2014
Imperial, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The Westin hotel has never disappointed. The Westin Pasadena continued to please, the hotel was nice and clean. The room was clean and breakfast the following morning was delicious sitting around the fireplace in the patio. I would return again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had to book a hotel for a family wedding, there are not many high end hotel options in Pasadena so I decided on the Westin. I was pretty bummed at the entire experience. Our room was gross. Hair still in the bathroom, the bath fixtures in the shower were all falling off the wall. There were stains on the carpet! All things that should be fixed in a room before renting out to customers. I am a SPG member and this was one of there better rooms. I would hate to see their other rooms.

The gym is small and there are more machines then space so stretching and body weight exercises are done in everyone's way.

The pool deck looked uninviting as the lounges looking dirty and stained. The pool deck was cracked.

Breakfast was mediocre. I like that the Westin is trying to be health conscious but the execution was poor.

The complimentary shuttle driver was extremely rude and told us he was taking a break so we would have to wait outside for 30 min for the other driver or himself to be off break. When I asked him if we could wait inside he told is that we would loose our ride as it was first come first served. I ended up using Uber as their services are much better.
Overall I will never stay at this hotel again. Too many issues and when brought up to front desk staff, it was just shaken off.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jleahkaylor
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had a poor experience with us. I do not know the specifics regarding your stay but assure you that you did not have a "typical" experience. I understand that you will not stay with us again, but hope that we have not compromised your confidence in the Westin brand.