“Great Location, Nice room”
Review of Sheraton Pasadena

Sheraton Pasadena
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Wayne, IL
“Great Location, Nice room”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed for two nights while visiting family in the area. We are Starwood Gold members so we were upgraded to a club level room with lounge access. The room was very nice: clean, good temp controls. a large fridge. nice tv, nice bathroom amenities. Very comfortable bed. We were disturbed by noise in the hallways and emanating from other rooms during both nights - I think the walls are a bit thin. The Club Lounge was very well stocked. The breakfast was great - with hard-boiled eggs, instead of those awful powdered scrambled eggs many other hotels serve. We were new to the property and were given the parking card with no explanation. We found out the hard way we needed to insert the card instead of taking the ticket when entering the garage. A short explanation at check-in would have been nice. I would stay here again. It is a good value, a great location and an attractive property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear that you felt you received a good value. We are glad you enjoyed the Continental Breakfast we provide in the Club Lounge. I apologize that you did not receive an explanation of how our hotel issued parking passes work. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here on business for 4 nights, so the location next to the Convention Center and lots of restaurants was perfect. The rooms are a bit tired, and in need of a refresh. I cannot stand the signs outside some doors indicating they are SPG Member rooms - PLEASE! I am an SPG member, but was not given one of those rooms, which is no big deal, but take down those signs!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently planning a multi-million dollar renovation which will take place over 2014. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we thank you for being a Starwood Preferred Guest.
Bologna
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Been there for business (Meeting @Caltech).
The room was spacious and clean.
Bed very comfortable and with more than adequate pillows.
The personnel was clever and ready to help you on anything you need.
I found very appreciable the courtesy car from the Hotel and Caltech.
Having a "CLub Room" I could access the Club Lounge for breakfast and it was optimally organized. I could fins whatever I wanted to eat and drink (Fruit is phenomenal!)
Good rate for the level of services offered.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank zani_stefano
We are pleased to hear that you found our Sheraton SweetSleeper Bed and Pillows to be comfortable and that you enjoyed and were able to utilize our Club Lounge and Complimentary Shuttle Services. We hope that the next time you plan to visit Caltech we can plan on welcoming you back to the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel. Thank you for your comments!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I traveled here for one night on business, supposedly having an upgraded room with a queen size bed. I was surprised when I opened the room door to see that I had to walk down about 4 metal-carpeted stairs to the bedroom. It felt like I was walking down into a basement. Then I walked over to the nightstand and saw a huge stain. See my photos. How could the housekeeper and supervisor miss this mess? Dirt all around the edges of the room. It was for the most part filthy. I felt like that guy on Hotel Impossible. Fortunately, they changed me to the room across the hall pronto. Room was still ugly and basement like, but it was clean. They told me they are in the process of renovation. Very dated look. My photos accurately capture this. What do you think? Do you want to stay here? Ask for the room WITHOUT the stain.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank warren v
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
I apologize that the cleanliness of the room you were initially checked-into was not thoroughly cleaned. I have brought this to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper. Only the first floor of our property has the stairs and they are often requested by return guests due to the larger room size and higher ceiling. If you would like to further discuss your stay with us please contact me at Ray@SheratonPasadena.com.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Really liked the Sheraton Pasadena. Staff was very good. Rooms were up to date however they wouldn't let you turn the thermostat below 72 degrees. Maybe that's a 'California' thing. "Totally and fer sure, Dude!" Satellite Tv went out a bunch but we weren't 3000 miles away to watch tv. Thought that $18 p/day parking was a little steep for Pasadena but had nothing else to compare it to. Might try to stay in 'Old Town' next time. Not sure. But overall, this was a four out of five star experience. 'Fer sure!"

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We hope that the next time you are in Pasadena we can Welcome you back Dude!
Delmar, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed 4 nights, 31 October through 4 November, 2013. All Hotels in the area completely sold out for weekend, yet one would never know from the personal and prompt attention we received at the Sheraton. Two rather significant issues at check-in were immediately resolved by Victoria, night manager. Juan, wait staff & bar, was a true pleasure as was Nicholas, one of the porters/ (free) shuttle service drivers.
Rooms were well appointed and quiet. Problem with closet door coming off track was immediately resolved. I would, however, suggest installation of bathroom exhaust fans as well as the ability to set air conditioning to at least 65 degrees- it is currently locked at 70, a bit warm for my preferences.
We had buffet breakfast there 3 mornings. The food was adequate for buffet. I was more impressed with dinner we had there one evening- great prices, and the portions were absolutely huge. The club room buffet also good- continental style but very plentiful.
Hotel is centrally located in VERY safe neighborhood. Very easy to reach many attractions and restaurants on foot. Paseo Colorado Mall just under 2 blocks away.
If flying out of LAX, allow at least 1.5 hours drive time (more if rush hour) & car rental return. Also, be advised that if you elect to self park at hotel, there is an $18 daily fee. This info does not appear on website and caught us by surprise.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Pasadena area.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room there, and because hotel is set back from street, noise is non...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
We are elated to hear that you would recommend the Sheraton Pasadena to anyone visiting the Pasadena area. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet in both the Club Lounge and Restaurant Soleil. Thank you for your comments and for providing valuable information for others planning their travels.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

we stayed here for my sisters son baptism. The hotel was very nice. All the staff was professional and friendly. The Breakfast buffet was delich! Michelle was so nice and was very attentive. I really enjoyed the the coffee to go bar too. Very convenient Parking is easy and underground. They gladly gave us late check out, which was nice to enjoy a late breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel for group events. Very accommodating at just the right price

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to pass your compliment onto Michelle. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.