“Excellent location, nice rooms, needs improvement”
Review of Sheraton Pasadena

Sheraton Pasadena
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location is excellent. You can walk to Old Town, Paseo Colorado, Convention Center, it's also close to the Metro.

The room was nice and the bed comfortable.

Room service breakfast was quick and tasty.

TV remote was not working and someone came up within minutes of my calling for a replacement

Now for the not so great:

1.) The staff were loud in the hallways
2.) The pool was not great . Too shallow and quite small.
3.) Check in was not great. I received a Club Level room from Priceline bidding. Unfortunately upon check-in I was told about I was on the "club floor" but was not told about the free appetizers and free breakfast, snacks and drinks nor any of the club room benefits. After calling to complain I was placed on hold for 5 minutes and I hung up. Nobody called me back. It eventually got sorted out but I was not impressed with the check in staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear yippyskippy092,

Thanks for your feedback in regards to your recent journey at our hotel. We have shared your comments with our team and we will make sure to fix any challenges ASAP. If you do give us another chance, please contact me and I will make sure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Art

626.449.4000

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been making monthly Trips to Pasadena for 5 year almost always staying at the Sheraton Pasadena. The entire staff from Reservations, to Bellmen, to front desk staff, to restaurant staff to the house keeping is just GREAT. The staff seems to be empowered by management to offer more than just what is needed to hotel guests. The Staff is the Gem of the hotel, makes it so much more than a "place to stay".

The location is just fantastic...great pool...great shopping and eating on Colorado. Beautiful neighborhood for evening walks. A few mins from the Rose Bowl ( a great 3 mile run before a Red Eye home). very quick drive to Downtown LA..

I would absolutely call this the best value in LA County!

Room Tip: the lower rooms are bit bigger. Make sure you enjoy the breakfast buffet, fantastic value, try it p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear WMD,

Our staff is really excited that you enjoyed your journey with us. We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Decided to try a stop in Pasadena for a couple days, then came the decision of Westin vs. Sheraton... Normally, I opt for Westin, but it was booked solid for the days I needed. Fortunately, our stay was excellent overall.

The staff were friendly from check in to check out, and the hotel situated in a nice within a short walk to Old Pasadena.

The guest rooms definitely are in need of an overhaul -- the hotel overall has a feel that its getting dated... but without that creepy feel it was threadbare and rundown. The pool area is simple, maybe a bit lacking in ambience.

Otherwise, I found it to be of good value and the service exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear 457khz,

Thanks for choosing us! Our staff is excited that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Overall great stay experience. Sheraton Pasadena Staff is like my family away from home. I normally travel every week to different states and stay at different hotels due to the nature of my job. Sheraton Pasadena is my preferred hotel in L.A. Staff like Khaurontha Williams makes the stay experience comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohammad Z

Dear Mohammad Z,

Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great location. Comfy beds. Very helpful staff especially the guys out the front. Special mention to Henry who shuttled us to and from the pool. The only negative was a second deduction of accommodation from the credit card but this was rectified quickly. Thanks for a wonderful week Sheraton.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Toneeh,

Thanks for your feedback. Henry and our staff were really excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have stayed here before. One of the reasons we returned (My husband approx. 30 times this year) was the location and the staff like Khaurontha Williams. But we will never be back again.
I'll try to make a long story short.
We were in the hotel from a Thursday to Tuesday. On Saturday my husband became very ill and I was assisting in getting him to the emergency room by Nicholas and Sandy. He was admitted with an unidentifiable disease. By Tuesday I had to ask for an extension so I could stay in the hotel. A young lady at the front door who works in the financial department of the hotel walked me to the desk and extended my stay through Tuesday night. By the end of the day Tuesday it was clear that my husband would not be released on Wednesday so I stopped at the desk and asked that my stay be extended until Thursday departure. I was told it was OK even though the hotel was overbooked due to a concert at the Rose Bowl. So far so good. I was so grateful.

When I arrived back at the hotel Wednesday evening I was told I had to move out immediately. There was no offer to help me find another place to stay (I live in CT) and nothing in the way to apologize. I was further told that the person who had informed me that he extended my stay to Thursday said that he did not extend it. HE LIED!

Here is the problem, I didn't get the names of these people and I didn't get it in writing. I had to pack up and leave. Later I found out that the hotel was charging significantly more money for their rooms during the concert dates. It seems that lies and kicking me out was all about the dollars.

Room Tip: Get it in writing ... if they tell you something, anything, get the name ofthe person who told you a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fro2

Dear fro2,

We apologize for any inconvinience recieved during your stay with us. We are in the process of making sure all guests expectations are exceeded. Your feedback gives us a training oppurtunity with certain staff members and deparments. Please rest assured that we will fix the challenges ahead of us. I sincerely hope you give us another chance, so we can change your thoughts about our hotel. If you decide to give us another chance please call me and I will personally make sure all you needs are exceeded.

Art

626.449.4000

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Other Sheratons we have stayed at around the world have been 4.5 or 5 stars. Have never heard of a 3 star Sheraton, but after having stayed at the hotel, we know why. The room we had was huge, which was fantastic. However, it had an adjoining room (which was locked) but let a lot of noise through from the other room. Not ideal when you are trying to sleep. The whole hotel was a bit tired and the service ranged from average to good, depending on who was serving. Good value for the price paid though, just nothing fancy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara P

Dear Tara P,

Your comments are valuable to us. We're glad you stayed with us and hope to see you soon.