“Great location and they handle conventions with ease.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Livermore, California
“Great location and they handle conventions with ease.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I was very impressed with a convention experience at this hotel recently. Check-in was a breeze, on-site food was excellent and the Starbucks in the lobby a real plus. The rooms were above average with size, cleanliness and comfort. The bed was a little hard for both of us, but that's a personal preference. Three minor issues. Three elevators for 14 large floors is inadequate for a convention! The self-parking rates were extremely high ($18.00 per day). And finally they screwed up our bill royally, requiring a lengthy "chat" at the front desk before we could get on the road. Check your bill carefully!!!

Room Tip: A room on the second floor will be handy if you're attending a convention.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I would like to express my appreciation for commenting on your experience at our hotel, Hilton Pasadena. Our hotel does a big volume of convention business and it makes me very proud to hear you were very impressed with your convention experience. However, I was disappointed to hear about the way your bill was handled by the front desk; your comments remind us how consistency in providing great service and efficiency is always a work in progress in our business. Rest assured, this will be addressed with my staff. Again, I thank you for taking the time to comment on this. We look forward to welcoming you back in your future travels to Pasadena.
CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Indonesian first
Highlands Ranch, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Overall pleased with accomodations; cleanliness; quite room; and hotel staff. Bedding very comfortable. Would have appreciated availability of more dining venues. Parking too expensive @ $18/day. Difficulty connecting to Wi-fi via iPhone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and have found the rooms comfortable with a great work area. From the rooms standpoint, both rooms I stayed in (single king and double queen) lacked an in room refridgerator and the furniture was dated; however, there was a coffee maker with supplies. In the morning they have a full breakfast buffet (cost) with a great variety of food. Next to the breakfast area is a Starbucks and a deli. My last stay I ate in the lounge area where they have a full bar and variety of foods. If you are not wanting to walk to the downtown area for a variety of resturants to choose from, the meal in the lounge was quite tasty and convenient. I have walked to the downtown area for two meals and the walk was comfortable, without fear. I have only done the valet parking as I could not see/find public parking nearby, which is not to say there is none. All staff that I have interacted with were professional, courteous, and helpful. If in the area, this is a comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We have renovation and improvement plans scheduled this year, and we have commenced on some of them. However, the refrigerator in the room was not part of the plan at this time. We can provide a small fridge to your room, with a nominal daily fee or complimentary for storing medication. There is self parking in our hotel for the current price of $18 daily with in/out privilege. The city of Pasadena has no overnight parking; however a temporary parking permit for overnight can be obtained at a number of locations within two miles of our hotel; the only caveat, the vehicle has to be moved after 0600 a.m. My staff makes me feel proud when I hear they were professional, courteous and helpful. I’m very happy you had a comfortable with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

If you need to stay in Pasadena, this hotel is great, it's close to all the shopping areas, walking distance. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well equipped. The loos are comfortable too. Lives upto the Hilton experience.

• Stayed March 2013
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
I’m very pleased to hear your wonderful comments on your recent stay, and I truly appreciate your taking the time to post it. We certainly appreciate your patronage. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

La Mirada, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

This hotel was an average hotel. Not that I ever stay at a hotel for the décor but the rooms were a bit out dated. For a Hilton hotel the beds were not as comfy as past Hilton stays. The hotel service was fantastic. The Valet staff was great, the bell hops were very helpful and polite. The shuttle service was the best of all! They went out of the way to make sure we found a nice place to eat and had wonderful suggestions for every meal. I was a bit disappointed in the service of the guy that checked us in he wasn’t very hospitable but the guy that checked us out was great! Very friendly! I prefer to feel like they care from the moment I walk in until I leave even if I don’t need anything at least make a small effort to smile and wish me a good stay. They have a Starbucks off the lobby and a nice little lounge area with a fireplace to enjoy the coffee. I definitely preferred the room with a small balcony our friends had over our window view of the roof top next door. It was nice to open the door and enjoy some fresh air while sipping on mimosa’s! Valet was about $20 bucks only a couple dollars more than self park so opt for the valet if you go. They have a small safe in the room and a long mirror which is so helpful when getting ready. This was a leisure fun trip and it was enjoyable. Had this been a business trip I may have had a different review. Overall just an average hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
I would like to express my appreciation for your taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It is truly wonderful to hear the service you experience was fantastic. We discuss all comments in my daily meetings with my staff, we will definitely address your check in and check out experience.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back with hopes that your future stay, whether on business or leisure, will be fantastic in every way.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 (parents an two young girls) are currently in the midst of a 5 night stay at the Hilton Pasadena. All the staff has been extremely friendly and accommodating. Front Desk check in was efficient, main restaurant breakfast buffet excellent for the money (our server Tino provided outstanding service & a welcoming attitude). Pool is heated and an enjoyable respite between events around town. Gym has new treadmills, recumbent bikes and weights. The actual rooms feel a bit dated, but have large flat screen TVs; Hilton Heavenly Bed sheets, warm duvet blankets and large towels and are certainly fine. In previous trips to Pasadena we have stayed in another hotel just next door and are finding this to be much better than that hotel. Keep it up Hilton Pasadena, you are doing a terrific job.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
I would like thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. My staff and I discuss the comments we receive and we’ll certainly give recognition to Tino and the Front desk staff for making your stay enjoyable. Our hotel has recently commenced on renovation plans we have scheduled. We appreciate your patronage and certainly look forward to welcoming you on your future visit to Pasadena.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We spent three nights in an upgraded room with a balcony. I think the balcony was the upgrade, because the room itself was very average. The beds were older and not nearly as comfortable as those at Hampton Inns which we found surprising. Room service has limited hours and a limited menu. The "Starbuck's" near the meeting rooms was stocked with hotel food and very average. The location is okay, but there are better hotels, with better service in the area. This Hilton did not have the level of service or experience that I expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: Request a balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Pasadena. I’m disappointed that you found the service was not what you expected. We take great pride in our service and quality of food. My staff and I discuss all comments received, we will certainly address what you noted. Regarding the physical aspects of the hotel, we have commenced on some renovation plans this year. We hope you give us another chance in your future visits to Pasadena.