“First-rate staff and excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Montreal
“First-rate staff and excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for almost a week, as I was in on business which involved activity at the Convention Center. Every member of the staff with whom I came into contact was pleasant and helpful - desk, concierge, valet, bar, restaurant, housekeeping, etc. The newly-renovated lobby is a pleasure, and the bar/restaurant at the lobby level is excellent. There are complimentary computers for clients in the lobby, and free wi-fi in the rooms for Honors members. The breakfast buffet is varied and tasty, and the omelette-maker terrific! Proximity to the Convention Center, Old Pasadena, the Norton Simon Museum and the Huntingdon is great. The only downside is that the rooms (well, my room, anyway) were somewhat tired and the lighting poor; the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling, the paint at the bottom of the door had obviously met up with one too many suitcases, and there was no general on/off light switch; each lamp had its own little switch which was operated independently and gave little light. I was on the 14th floor (top floor) which was very quiet, and which had a lovely view of the setting sun beyond the town. Also, one of the great amenities is a complimentary shuttle which will take you anywhere in town you want to go - a restaurant, shopping area, etc. I would definitely stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
It’s very rewarding when our guests share their experience, complimenting the great customer service received from our staff. Our staff will be very happy to hear your comments and I will personally give recognition to each individual. Kindly be advised that our hotel’s renovation projects are currently in progress. We appreciate your patronage to Hilton Hotels and hope to welcome you back again soon!

CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nice hotel. Within walking distance to many places to eat (adjacent to "downtown" Pasadena). Comfortable rooms with good in-room dining. My room, 525, had an oddly placed armchair with no view of the TV and no light... most people probably use it like I did - to pile things on. Decent fitness room with modern equipment - three treadmills plus other stuff. Front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. Excellent conference room set-up and assistance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Pasadena! We greatly value your comments regarding the layout of furniture in the rooms. Please kindly be advised that our hotel’s renovation projects are currently in-progress. I will personally recognize the front desk staff for providing a pleasant experience during your conference. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Spent five nights with loved one here, just the AC is kind of noisy.

Ice machine is close, nice linen, good big TV with lots of channels.

Easy to rent a car and close to Metro Golden Line.

Close to PF Chang, and Target Supermarket

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of my entire staff, I’m extending my sincerest appreciation for your time and patronage of the Hilton Pasadena. We thank you for taking the time in commenting on your recent experience. We hope to see you return to Pasadena Hilton again soon!

Boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The staff working at the concierge desk and as bell staff we absolutely the best - they made me feel welcome, offered rides around the Pasadena area, and had plenty of recommendations when I was searching for good places to go for a jog or find a nice breakfast. Absolutely excellent service!! The front desk was incredibly helpful as well and very kind.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
It’s very rewarding when our guests share their experience, complimenting the great customer service received from our staff. The Bell Staff/Concierge and Front Desk will be very happy to hear your comments and I will personally give each individual the recognition. We appreciate your patronage to Hilton Hotels and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here overnight for a really good deal on expedia of $119 plus parking. The parking itself is a bit convoluted, but here are my thoughts. Rooms are ok size, temperature control good, internet is pretty fast but for a fee you only get 1 fee per device, which is ridiculous these days. There are events always here so if you self-park you can walk through some bizarre events and event rooms. Hotel breakfast is actually very good and the buffet though $22 or so has good variety. Not as nice as the Westin or Langham, again, but close to everything and cheaper. The price is the advantage here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your experience with us. Our hotel is currently undergoing preliminary renovation phase; however, the location of the hotel entry from the self-parking structure through the event rooms is not in the immediate plans. I am happy to know the breakfast food was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great lobby, great valet parking, quick. Room was tired. Noisy. Could hear people next door easily. Great location. Free water. Breakfast was not free. The Internet was not free , but had a good connection. Had trouble finding outlets. A previous guest must have unplugged bedside lamp looking for more outlets and I could not get lamp replugged in. I had stayed in the Westin the last time I visited, but it was almost twice as much for this trip. I am not sure what I would do next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at the Hilton Pasadena. Our hotel’s renovation projects are currently in progress, updating the guest rooms is part of the plan. We hope you give us another opportunity to accommodate your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I would like to thank the Hilton staff for making my first visit to Pasadena a very enjoyable experience. Everyone with whom I came in contact was very cordial and efficient. Access to the computers in the lobby was very helpful; the valet gentlemen were most professional; the breakfast buffet was superb. This undoubtedly will be my place to stay for future visits to Pasadena.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Pasadena for your first visit. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to mention the cordial and efficient service provided by every staff member whom you came in contact with as well as the superb breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back in person!