“Awesome Conference Hotel”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed 24 May 2014

An amazing location and fantastic set up for conferences, business meetings, or anything else requiring immensely helpful people, great location, or good facilities. The room felt a bit old and needed some love (I gave a three point list to the desk on check-out of necessary fixes), but the staff is the best, most helpful I've had in a long time. Great food, great service, great all around.

No refrigerators in the rooms though, so check your appetite as you visit the tons of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are spectacular.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Pasadena. Our staff takes great pride in our service culture and I will be sure to recognize our team and share your awesome feedback with our teams. Thank you again for the great feedback and we are so thrilled to hear that our staff is one of the best you’ve encountered in a long time!

Please know that we are currently underway in review/assessing our hotel renovation plans.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Words cannot adequately describe how pleased I was with your property. Absolutely everyone on staff was incredibly helpful, friendly and efficient. Thoughtful suggestions were made at every opportunity. Even though I only stayed for one night and used few amenities, I was made to feel like I was the most important person in the world. All the employees I interacted with deserve the highest accolades, including Michael, Grace, and Freddy, to name but a few. I have absolutely no complaints, and will make certain to stay at this facility again the next time I am in Pasadena. I would recommend it to anyone. Kudos.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your STELLAR review of the Hilton Pasadena and we greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding our incredibly helpful, friendly, and efficient staff members! I will be certain to give recognition to our outstanding team for upholding our highest service culture standards as well as give personal recognition to Michael, Grace, and Freddy for their outstanding service!

We certainly strive to make our guests feel like the most important guests in the world! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate your stay and we look forward to your return to the Hilton Pasadena!

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in town for two nights to attend a graduation at the Civic Auditorium. The Hilton was within walking distance of not only the civic center but also great restaurants and shops. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. If you go ask for a mountain view!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Hilton Pasadena! Our central location is certainly one of our greatest assets and I am pleased to hear you were able to explore the city! I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hilton Serenity Bedding and found the rooms to be quiet!

Thank you for your patronage and I look forward to your return to the Hilton Pasadena!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It is always a pleasure to stay at this Hilton Hotel. I have stayed there several times and it is my hotel of choice in Pasadena after staying in several others. The hotel is well kept and it is a great location, close enough to walk to Pasadena Old Town. The hotel has great features and the staff are always very helpful and welcoming.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very kind comments regarding the Hilton Pasadena and I also want to take this time to thank you for remaining as a loyal patron to the Hilton brand and to the Hilton Pasadena. Your comments are greatly appreciated and it’s a sincere pleasure to hear that our staff consistently delivers a strong service oriented culture! I will certainly address this with my staff and thank you again for all your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I would like to put my 2 cents in , since I have been asked to do so! The Hilton Pasadena is a nice hotel , the room was clean , and well stocked with towels , pillows , and all of the interior furnishings were nice! The staff was friendly and helpful! I however have stayed in other hotels in the area , that were MUCH less , and received a much larger room , with equal furnishing quality for $125.00 less per night! The Pasadena Hilton is nice , but for my money , there are options that are much more affordable that will provide an overall better stay experience! The room did not have a refrigerator , and the bathroom was so small , that my lady friend and I could not enter at the same time to brush our teeth! Parking ( self parking ) is $ 18.00 per day , per vehicle.... For one night , with no room service , or additional charges generated by me , it was over $ 325.00 for 1 night! Nice hotel , but not 300+ per night nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Hilton Pasadena and please know that your feedback is greatly valued. I appreciate your sharing of the areas of opportunity and please know that we currently underway in reviewing/assessing our renovation plans for the hotel and fridges in every room are topics of discussion! For future references, please kindly be advised that we do offer fridges upon request.

With regards to the parking, it is managed by a 3rd party company and we unfortunately do not have the ability to negotiate the pricing; however, please know that we offer $19 valet parking to our HHonors members which is a great price for the convenience and phenomenal service. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed at the Pasadena Hilton for 2 nights late December 2013. You can't beat the location here. Prime area in Pasadena near Lake and Colorado. Tons of restaurants and shops nearby.

We drove directly to LAX airport the afternoon we checked-out of the Pasadena Hilton. On the way to the airport, we realized we left one passport in our room. Our mistake. We searched our rental car, searched our bags thoroughly since we had an out-going flight that night. Nothing.

We know for sure we took out both passports from the safe 1-2 hrs before check-out. Somehow it didn't make it into our bags. Called the hotel who transferred us to housekeeping. Housekeeping then kept on hold for 15+ minutes. We then drove back to the hotel, I mean, we can't fly anywhere without a passport.

Spoke to the front desk manager who was dismissive at best. We communicated to her the urgency of the passport, since my husband had a critical work conference/meeting in Asia day after next. We asked her for help.

She said Housekeeping supervisor left at 5pm, and only the supervisor has the key to the lost-n-found box. They only have THAT ONE KEY. We offered to pay mileage for the supervisor if he's willing to come back with the key. Please note this was 5:20pm, so at most he is 10 or 15 mins away. Nope, can't do. He can't come back. We also have no idea if the front desk manager called the supervisor. She did not inform us.

Front desk manager really couldn't care less, her whole demeanor was less than professional complete with a half-eye-roll. Told us there is nothing else she could do. All this time the passport is sitting inside the room or in the lost-n-found box.

We left the hotel at 630pm, changed our flight, drove 3 hrs to get my husband's birth certificate (for replacement passport they need proof of citizenship), stayed the night at an airport hotel, then drove to Wilshire Federal Building at 5am to line-up for a non-appointment passport replacement.

2 days later Hilton Pasadena called, they have our passport.

I understand it is our fault for leaving the passport, however, we came back immediately asking for help. And Pasadena to LAX back to Pasadena is at least 90 mins with that horrible LA traffic. We felt like we hit a brick wall with Hilton Pasadena, not to mention the $800+ sunk cost in new passport rush-fee, hotel night, and flight change fees.

From the majority of the reviews, if nothing goes wrong during your stay, you love this place. If something goes wrong, regardless of fault, Hilton Pasadena will not go a little 'extra' to help you. One reviewers said "Mgmt comes first, not customers". I couldn't agree more.

From my experience, attitude here is "Take It or Leave It.". Please read the 'average' and 'poor' reviews before you book.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank half-life2
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was attending a course nearby in Pasadena for two days, stayed at the Hilton for two nights. The staff were wonderful--very attentive, courteous and efficient. I was also very favorably impressed with the comfortable accomodations. This was a terrific value in my opinion, very convenient as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for kindly sharing your recent experiences at the Hilton Pasadena! I am always delighted to read comments on the outstanding service culture of our staff as we take great pride in our service standards. Thank you again for your patronage and kind review of the Hilton Pasadena. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hilton Pasadena!