“Economical Stay with Great Service/ Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of GreenTree Pasadena Inn

GreenTree Pasadena Inn
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
St.Paul, MN USA
“Economical Stay with Great Service/ Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is in a very good location, very closed to 110 Fwy, 210 Fwy, and old town Pasadena. You can just walk for a few blocks to Colorado St. where all shopping and restaurants (Old Town) are. It is a minute from Whole Food and Gold Line Station. If you have to go to downtown Los Angeles or Union Station, this Gold Line will take you there. I gave this hotel four stars not because of its amenities, but its service. The hotel itself is just 2 or 3 star rated hotel in my opinion, but just clean, free parking, and free wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank amy55129 .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

After trying to find an accessible, inexpensive motel ($68-$88/night, two beds) in Alhambra for a three-night stay; and after not getting good vibes with the phone calls to three different motels, I decided to check on the Pasadena Inn. It was $131/night including taxes. So I paid more than I normally would, but the room (#124) was right by a handicapped parking spot and a ramp, which made it easy for my elderly mother to ambulate with her walker. The room was quite large with two queen beds. While the room was not technically accessible, no bathtub bench or handrails by the toilet, my mother had no problems with the bathroom or room. We were very comfortable and satisfied with the accommodations. The breakfast buffet had great variety and an attendant who made waffles to order. There were even taquitos and salsa, as well as pork sausages. And lots of other things. The large flat-screen TV was mounted on the wall with an articulating frame, so viewing was easy from many angles. There was poor reception so the office sent over their technician who replaced the co-axial cable with a HDMI cable. So, HD reception was great. WiFi had several networks, and one was perfectly fast. The office staff was very pleasant and diligent. We will definitely stay at the Pasadena Inn on our next trip to Alhambra.

Room Tip: There are three levels and an elevator, so upper rooms close to the elevator might be preferred. Doo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edward S
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for the second time over Memorial Day weekend. We were cheerfully greeted by 3 staff members upon our arrival. They were very helpful and forthcoming with tips on where to get food, groceries, and other things around the neighborhood. This is by a lot of attractions in Pasadena and close to the 210. It is very reasonably priced for the location and the friendly staff make me eager to choose this place when we go back to Pasadena. Free wifi, fridge is available, nice bathrooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

For the price, a superior stay. Clean, large room, free breakfast, free parking, 3-block walk to major shopping and restaurant district of Old Pasadena, close to freeways too. Friendly staff, free wifi, fridge in room, big thick towels. Stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LittleOldMagee
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

On a recent trip to the Huntington Library we decided to spend the night in Pasadena and not drive the one hundred miles home. We looked at the Langham and other higher end hotels and decided we really were not going to spend much time in our hotel room to justify the price.

We got the last room available at The Pasadena Inn and we are glad we did! The location is really good for walking around and exploring Old Town Pasadena. Yes, the hotel is a little Motel 6-ish, but who cares? The room was quite large with two queen sized beds and very clean. Best of all, the hotel staff upon checking in were friendly and accomodating, not to mention very welcoming.
I have found in my travels that the attitude of the hotel staff is really huge and can affect your entire hotel staff if everyone is not on board to make the vacationer feel appreciated for their patronage.
I always ask myself, "would I stay at this hotel again?" If the answer is "yes", it's more than likely the hotel was at least very good to excellent.

Room Tip: We were worried our room was right by the stairs, but we slept soundly with no problem at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank candaceseverson
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I read all the great reviews on this hotel before I booked and I'm so glad we stayed here. The place was super clean, which I rarely say since I am a clean freak. The bed was very comfortable. My daughter and I felt safe and the staff was so friendly and helpful. They got us checked in before 3pm which was great since we had been up at 5am and battled traffic and freeways we are not used to. Plus it was in a great location. Near freeways, shops, restaurants, whole foods. Very easy to get in and out of. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank skymad1997
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I like to stay at small independent hotels, it's more interesting, cheaper and gives me a better feel for the community. Sometimes I make a booking mistake and end up in some nasty places. Every now and then I find a true jewel. The Pasadena Inn is a diamond. The staff is ultra friendly (kudos to the young AA lady who checked me in - you were awesome), parking is easy and free, the internet works well, the rooms are large and nearly perfect. The breakfast is well done, and the lady serving the breakfast area is quite friendly and accommodating. There are restaurants nearby. The biggest whole food store I have seen is across the street.

I recommend this place.

Room Tip: if you cant do stairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business