“Best Hotel Breakfast Ever!”

Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
South Bend, Indiana
“Best Hotel Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Rooms were clean. Staff was super friendly and answered all of our questions and even called a cab for us! Best breakfast ever! Thanks Le Reve for a great stay! Would stay there again and again! Great value!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mkier
HLRpasadena, General Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
NO mkier, thank you!!! Guest like you is what makes us the best. BTW: I send out a big shout out for Nacho; man can he cook.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After having an exhausting day I found myself at Le Reve, which surprisingly stood out to me thanks to the effort of the receptionist Arlean. She was very polite and professional, I was delighted to find myself at a place with such great care for the customer because she recommended a great place to eat which I actually ended up going. The room was very cozy and well kept. I really enjoyed the sauna, I found it very relaxing and cathartic. I know for a fact in the future I will not only stay again but recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DrT976
No matter how hard it is to fight the urge and take credit as manger ... I can't; we have a wonderful staff that makes HLR it is because of them that we such wonderful Guest like you. The proof is when we read reviews like yours. Thank you DrT976 we'll be waiting for your next visit.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was part of a large contingent from Michigan that stayed 4 days at Le Reve for the Rose Bowl game. Denise, at the front desk, and Nacho, the cook, and several others can't be topped! Their friendliness, attention to customers and details, and efforts to assist us and make us all feel welcome went way above and beyond the usual hotel staff! The MSU fans "took over" the community room in the lobby more than once and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating! Denise even had champagne in our room for my birthday, and Nacho served breakfast extra early on the day of the Rose Parade. I will stay there again when the Spartans go back to the Rose Bowl, and I recommend this nice, little family-friendly property to others who travel to Pasadena!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MMMSU
GO GREEN!!! This was a fun day ... here at HLR we love to see our Guests happy and having fun in our Hotel Lounge. Thank you MMMSU for making it special.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Le Reve for the Rose Bowl game and although the staff, Denise and Rosie were great, the motel rooms were a little disappointing. Especially after reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor for this motel before booking the room. Luckily, there were majority MSU fans there which made our experience there better.

Pros:
Customer Service - The front desk ladies were great we were greeted by Denise, whose name popped up in most of the reviews here and we told her we were looking forward to meeting her. She was truly helpful as she answered all of our questions about getting around town and getting around to the Rose Bowl parade and game. So I believe the real reason this place is ranked #2 is solely on the friendly staff.

Cleanliness - The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast - The breakfast was just ok, and the cook was nice.

Cons:
Rooms - The rooms could use some renovations/upgrades as we noticed holes in the walls. There were holes on the TV stand/dresser which were old fashioned. Although our TV was high def the channels were not clear. Personally, I like to sleep in a very dark room, so the night light next to the light switch for the bathroom made the room bright at night which annoyed me as we could not block the light at all.

Quiet - This is a motel so your door faces outdoors so you will hear people drag their bags and talk if they are out of their rooms and any other outside noise like people fireworks at 12 midnight after New Year's Eve as some of us were trying to get some sleep to make it to the parade. Also, we heard pipes squeak and other noises from the other guest rooms. If you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you.

Website - Due to some glitch on their website (where we made our reservation), there was some confusion about our reservation days and rate. And we were told we we supposed to leave a day before our actual departure date. We scrambled to find our reservation on their website and did not have the ability to do so, even with a reservation number on their website. Luckily, we pulled the reservation info from our email which had the rate info and days, but needless to say this was quite uncomfortable, and we waited a while for this issue to get resolved.

Other thoughts:
It was nice to have bikes so that it is easier to travel to Old Pasadena, but some of the bikes were not in good shape. So try to find a newer bike if possible.

We stayed in a room with a wet bar. Meaning a very small fridge and a faucet. Really nothing special. Not sure if would have made a big difference to stay in the room without one. Unless you want to keep a few beers/beverages cold.

I was little annoyed that staff did not leave enough cups in the room. There were no cups in the bathroom sink area to use as tooth brush tumblers only the two cups that were in the ice bucket.

Also annoying that they only had one bar of facial soap in the vanity sink, and not a separate bar for the bath/shower. Mind you the shower/toilet bathroom is separate from the vanity sink.

Because Michigan State won Rose Bowl the other guests, mostly MSU fans, made our stay there fun. As another reviewer mentioned a group of alumni threw a party in the lobby/dining area after the game and bought pizza, snacks, beer and wine which was awesome! Met a lot of great people. But overall, I have to agree with the reviewer that said this was "Nothing Special" and because this place was ranked #2 on TripAdvisor we had higher expectations. Next time we will be willing to pay more for a nicer and more peaceful place for our next stay in Pasadena.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kim K
Ok, this is the kind of reviews we encourage ... because it shows an honest opinion with a 50/50 balance. Not like the big chain hotels or brand name -- we really do care and listen. And in all honesty if we have the ability to fix, change or modify; we get it done.

All the details, you pointed out, that need attention have been addressed and budgeting has been approved ... we are happy to announce the first phase of renovating the Guest rooms. We brought back Julie Khuu (HGTV Designer) to take the helm and WOW wait to you see what it is going to look like -- sorry, I haven't been given permission to let the cat out of the bag.

Oh, and by the way ... the party in the Lobby was cool -- I even got a chance to eat pizza. You might remember me ... I was the guy in the library with the sewing machine and curtains.

And if I may, comment on your "nothing special" quote ... it's true we don't try to be special -- we prefer special guests who are fun and easy to mingle and party in our lounge. We like to see our Guest have fun together. We pushed away from fake smiles and choreographed intros you find at big hotels -- where no-one cares who you are.

If "higher expectations" is what you wanted -- drop me a line or two (email); I will put it on the war-board ... who knows, maybe your suggestions can be put into action. Happy Traveling.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This might look like one of the many motels on the Colorado Boulevard strip in Pasadena, but it is different. First of all, it is clean, the rooms have plenty of space and everything you can expect. Beds are comfortable.

This place is different because of the spacious lobby with the colourful decoration, the many couches and cozy corners and the books that are scattered around. If you want to read the Harry Potter you never had read, it is there on one of the tables.

Also different is the breakfast. There is a great friendly chef every morning, who can make eggs the way you like it and will make sure that you don't leave the building with an empty stomach.

The staff is nice and very helpful. The ladies at the front desk are all very professional and interested in their guests. We felt very welcome.

The only downside is the noise of the busy freeway, which is right next to the building. The room we were in was not soundproof to that, so we used earplugs. Someone else might not have a problem with it as it is a constant static noise. Perhaps other rooms in different parts of the building are ok.

It can also be a plus to be that close to the freeway. You can get there and away easily. Also the metrostation right next to the hotel can be an advantage. They also have bikes you can use.

So, four stars, only because of the noise, but otherwise it would have been five for the service and comfort in this pricelevel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rvdoorn
HotelLeRevePasadena, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hello RvDoom,
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is nice to hear you liked the lobby and how it was decorated. Coming up this year we will be renovating the rooms to update them with the theme the lobby has. I do apologize for the freeway noise. Nacho is very thankful for the kind words you have included in your review. On behalf of the Reve Staff we all say thank you and await your next visit to Pasadena.
Denise
Trenton, Michigan
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Because of the amount of MSU fans traveling to the Rose Bowl finding anything to stay at was challenging so when we arrived I was pleased with the over all situation. The room was well kept, the staff was very kind and helpful, and best of all the breakfast was home cooked and really good. We also had a fantastic MSU victory pizza party in the lounge which the staff helped plan! The price was a l touch high but I'm not use to the California price but the location make for easy access to Rose Bowl Parade and game. Well done!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HotelLeRevePasadena, Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hi TomW,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I really enjoyed myself when you had your victory pizza party. I felt like I was a part of your team. Like you all said " Go Green, Go White", I will never forget it. It was a pleasure helping you. If in the Pasadena area again, we do hope you stay here at Le Reve again.
Rosie
Michigan
Reviewed 7 January 2014

So, perhaps my husband and I have higher expectations than other reviewers, especially when we read on Tripadvisor that a hotel is ranked #2 for an area. We typically stay at higher end properties so my fault for failing to notice a 2 star rating. This was nothing more than a clean motel. Staff members were nice. Breakfast was good. Location okay. I asked for one of the "best" rooms. Very disappointed when we saw it. When I walked the property I noticed there were nicer rooms than ours with a refrigerator and wet bar. If I had not asked, we would have been stuck in one of the worst rooms. Staff did relocate us but made it sound like we were complaining (and I tried hard not to). My impression is that we were given this room because we booked it through Priceline. We were there for Rose Bowl and experience was made better by all of the MSU fans staying there. In hindsight, we would have preferred to spend a little more (this was not cheap) and stay in Old Pasadena at a brand hotel with a bar, restaurant, and within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with refrigerator and wet bar.