“Weems” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Atlanta, Georgia
“Weems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel's decor was very quant and cozy. The pool and jacuzzi area was small but very nice. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Marilyn, Arlene and Rosie was extremely helpful, pleasant, and friendly they made our stay wonderful. The breakfast was excellent. We will definitely stay at this hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HLRpasadena, General Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
I would be nice to have more of Georgia travelers … they definitely know hospitality. Girl Scouts Cookies sounds good right about now.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay at hotel le reve!

The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the bedrooms are neat, tidy and comfortable. Housekeeping were great, and the reception staff were really friendly and efficient. There had been a bit of a mix up with our booking but the fabulous staff we quick to sort it out. Breakfast is really delicious too and the chef can't do enough for you!

Despite being so close to the freeway, we didn't experience any noise from it. The air con unit is a little loud but it works well and keeps the room cool, so it didn't really bother us.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Lyndsey S
If only more of our American travelers can be so kind as our visitors from the United Kingdom.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The British do not expect happiness… they do not want to be happy; they want to be right.
-Quentin Crisp
--------------------
And right they are. Thank you LyndseyS.
Strongsville, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Rude staff, ants in the room & on the breakfast plates, noisy/rattling air conditioner- unsafe pool area- surrounded by painted wood- very slippery- I fell & broke my nose- they did not make it right.

Room Tip: Nightmare! We elevated our concerns to management and they did not make it right. I've never had...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tina K
Whereas the incident you described … been a terrible accident it was an unfortunate event beyond the previous owner’s and management team’s control (circa 2013). We are sorry that you injured yourself and hope you are recovering well.

Travellers are raving about these Pasadena hotels

Fontana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Hotel Le Reve Pasadena is a boutique-style hotel that stands out with its chic design, thoughtful staff, and great value. I come to Pasadena for business on occasion and have stayed at other properties over the years and for the money, this hotel can't be beat.

I had previously stayed at the same location when the property was the Quality Inn. The new owners did a fantastic job with the place. Visually, the renovation was a vast improvement. The lobby/lounge is stylish and very spacious - something completely lacking at this price point. The pool and jacuzzi area were tastefully done and had a resort feel to it. The curtained cabana areas were a classy touch. The gym was not large but was well kept and had cardio equipment (elliptical/treadmills) and a nautilus machine for strength training. Nothing too fancy, but it got the job done. I did not utilize the complimentary bike rentals but that would have been a nice option had I the time.

The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable and I was able to get restful sleep the entire week I stayed. The decoration and way the room was put together felt higher-end than a similar chain property. There was a nice cable channel selection and the Wi-Fi was no charge. The hotel was quiet at night and I felt perfectly safe on and around the property.

Breakfast was the big surprise for me, as it was more a brunch buffet than anything else. The food was both fresh and tasty. In addition to the standard cereals, danish, and juices, many hot items were prepared fresh every morning - link sausage, home fries, srambled eggs, pancakes, and even veggies. There were usually a couple new menu items like enchiladas, fried rice/noodles, mini ham and cheese croissant sandwiches, or cheese quesadillas as well that changed daily. The coffee was strong, which I liked. Nacho (the chef) is the best. He obviously takes pride in what he does and was so helpful and friendly. Rosie at the front desk was knowledgeable and always greeted me warmly with a big welcoming smile.

The property had easy and quick access to the freeway and was right on Colorado Blvd, the main thoroughfare in Pasadena. Old Town, the lively historic shopping and restaurant district was a must-visit and was a mere ten minute drive from the hotel.

My stay at the Hotel Le Reve was very enjoyable and I would highly recommend this property to others. It is a neighborhood gem and I will definitely be back. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank James W
Ah, the savvy shopper … with an eye on service. This is what HLR strives for. Merci!
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

There were three of us and a small dog. Reservations were made through an online booking company. When we arrived, we found that we did not have a reserv. as the online company failed to notify the hotel of our booking. The hotel was great and eventually we were able to obtain a room because a large group cancelled one of their rooms. The mgr and young lady at the desk understood our problem and did everything to help us. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, the area was quiet, and we felt very safe. The pool and cabanna, although small, were very nice. The buffet breakfasts were great. Most food was freshly made (no powdered eggs here) and the service people were polite and friendly. It is not a fancy hotel, however, it was very clean and worked well for us. We were within walking distance to a Target and grocery store too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shirley J
ShirleyJ … thank you for your review; if possible can you help us out with our cabana’s? We want to re-do them and I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.
San Juan Island, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I lived in Pasadena for 20 years and return often to visit family, so I'm familiar with the hotel/motel options. Depending on what you value, Hotel Le Reve may be a good choice. It was for us. For a family wanting a nice swimming pool, we've found better. It's a motor Inn that has updated its rooms since it changed from a Best Western. It's pricier than other motor inns in its location, but for us this was offset by the very good breakfast and the updated room. Our king room was large and nicely furnished, with a good firm bed and nice bedding. It had refrigerator, iron & board, TV, in-room coffee, etc. The bathroom was clean. We were there a week, and our issues with noise varied by the day. Our room was on the ground floor, facing the parking area like most motor inns. When people came in late and talked loudly, it was noisy. It was hot in Pasadena so we had the air conditioner on a lot and it was very efficient but noisy. I found the sound restful, and it masked outdoor noise. My husband found it annoying. This part of Colorado Blvd. is a long commercial strip. However, a few blocks north there's a nice shopping center (Nordstrom's Rack, Trader Joe's) and several reasonable restaurants. We would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 898islandtraveler
898islandtraveler … you are so kind. Please apologize to your husband in our behalf about the noise. We hope to see you soon. Bon voyage!
Fulton, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect given the affordable price. The rooms were clean and comfortable- most important for me. The only annoyance was that I had no hot water in the shower. I reported it for 3 mornings. On the fourth morning I discovered that the hot and cold water was reversed. The shining star is the wonderful breakfast. I would recommend the hotel and hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are similar. I had a wet bar king.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy K
Mademoiselle KarenK … I am so sorry about the shower and joyeux that you liked our Breakfast Buffet.