“Needs thorough updating”

Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The hotel pictures on the website looked fabulous and updated. We pulled up at the hotel's parking area and thought the building needs updating. First impression from the outside, looks more like a motel set up. I was eager to see the reception desk area since online it was decorated by HGTV designer. The eclectic furnitures, accessories and the dark hues on the wall was pretty cool. There was even framed mirrors on the ceiling. The front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast area was small but there was a huge community table in the other room, side tables next to the seating area and even a small outdoor curtained patio where you can have your breakfast. Breakfast was pretty good. They ran out of scrambled eggs one morning and the staff made fresh eggs just for us and we didn't even asked. Usually oatmeals in other hotels are too soggy but theirs was perfect. Slightly sweetened. We were given a ground floor room due to our elderly parents. The dark colored carpet was dirty. Beds were pretty comfortable and the pillows were just right. It was 90 pus degrees outside and the air conditioning was great! Their mini refrigerator kept all our To Go food in perfect temperature. Noticed the bathroom ceiling was peeling. Though the room was decent and clean aside from the dingy carpet, it needs to be updated thoroughly. They did have a small pool area and a lounging space but didn't have time to use it. They also had two bikes that you can use for free. The hotel location was great. You are close to Target, eateries and 210 freeway.

Room Tip: Get a second or third floor room so you have an option to open your curtains instead of a ground flo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Traveling for my son's wedding I looked for an economical hotel that was full of amenities. We found it! We visited Pasadena in late July. My planning started months before. Our group (family and friends) stayed in 15 rooms. Rosie, Arlene and Marilyn were ever so patient and flexible as I added and changed rooms to support our needs. They are incredibly friendly and helpful and even more so when we met in person. The housekeeping staff is top notch. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. Everything we wanted was there- we especially liked the included wifi. The morning breakfast buffets were absolutely delicious with variations each day. There were plenty of hot and cold choices with refills plentiful. The outside pool was perfect to cool off in. We especially liked the cabana area near the pool where the entire group was able to gather for pizza. It was great to have an elevator and a mini frig in the rooms. Some of our group even borrowed the free bikes to ride around town. We mostly stayed on the third floor, but others were on the first and second floor- no complaints about road noise. To top off our experience we even had a late checkout for several rooms for family who had later departures. I highly recommend Hotel Le Reve.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelers5CO
Reviewed 25 August 2014

At first I wasn't sure about staying here, but I loved it! Everyone at the front desk has been kind and helpful. Arlene was especially helpful each time I came to the lobby. She was extremely kind and even helped me save money. Although it was a bit away from the places I needed to go, she helped me figure out great transportation at a good prices. The rooms could use a tad more sound proofing but I enjoy this hotel. Great breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Arrived early evening after a very trying day, Arlene at the front desk was amazing. Asked what floor I wanted, which I love because I have to drag my laptop, suitcase etc. Then she complimented my dress, which may be irrelevant to the hotel but meant the world to me as it was new for the meeting I had to give and no one else mentioned it. She made sure to point out the relaxing qualities of the hotel, hot tub, gym!! Told me to please come and enjoy breakfast. I called her twice from the room asking if there was a Microwave to heat my soup and another time for the Internet password, both times she was so sweet. The room was clean and quiet and the sheets were clean, soft and smelled good. Overall, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

A Budget friendly hotel. Nice lobby area. Clean room and its a non-smoking hotel. Very Friendly staff they let me check in early. Breakfast buffett was good and included with the rate. Parking is small, but is easy access and right next to 210 freeway about 15 mins to Glendale.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Ok, so the room is a little dated but having said that, my hubby and I only slept there...and the bed is what counts to me. And I had no problems with that! The pluses for this hotel are: 1-Staff and 2-the breakfast! Staff were very welcoming and the breakfast is beyond any "continental breakfast"..its truly a buffet.
My only con: would like better lighting for the vanity area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great place for the price. Front desk was friendly and helpful at all times. Shuttle service was available to get to the Rose Bowl for a concert. I was surprised how convenient it was! It is an older hotel in an older neighborhood yet the room was comfortable. The complimentary homemade breakfast in the morning made the stay!

• Stayed: August 2014