“A beautiful experience in every way”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my second stay in six months at this beautiful hotel. I live only 45 minutes away and the fact that I opted to stay twice in so short a time shows what a very special place it is for celebrating a special occasion. The magnificent grounds were designed my the same master horticulturist who designed the nearby Huntington Gardens. The rooms at the hotel are spacious and lovely. Try to get an upper story room overlooking the gardens. The view is magnificent. The Terrace restaurant is casual and pleasant and the wait service is outstanding. Their main restaurant is very dramatic but since it now specializes in meat ( it used to be a French restaurant with lighter fare) I was reluctant to dine there. However, the staff was incredibly helpful and designed a vegetarian meal around our preferences. Wow! It was delicious, and how accommodating can you be ? Accommodating is the best way to describe the whole staff, from the valet parkers, to the front desk, to the dining staff, to the cleaning team. Wonderful! Special hint: if you can snag a table in the bar just outside the dining area you can have a wonderful ( and inexpensive ) time sipping wine, snacking, snd enjoying the million dollar view.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors with a garden view are the best
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank innfan2013
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear innfan2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

What a lovely review! We are so pleased that the hotel is a special place for you to celebrate special occasions! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the spacious and lovely rooms, the magnificent views, the enchanting gardens and the service and menus at the restaurants. I am so happy to hear that you felt very well cared for by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon- it is an honor to have you as our guest at The Langham.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a night and what a treat! The hotel is beautiful and gives you that old rich California feeling. The pool is beautiful as well as the restaurants and lounges. There are some pretty gardens on the grounds that you can walk and explore. The service was great with everyone being very friendly and helpful. The one downside was that the shuttle bus between the hotel and old town wasn't running that day but that was never communicated to the front desk and concierge staff so we were getting mixed messages and had to change our plans on how we were getting to dinner last minute. Also, the one lady running the valet desk was a bit gruff and when we went to go get our car, she just pointed it out to us to where it was parked rather than actually having valet service. Why am I paying for valet, if you're just going to point out the car's parking spot? However, the rest of the parking staff made up for it with their enthusiasm and helpfulness. Our room was great with great amenities. The other section of the hotel had rooms with Balconies and I kind of wished I had gotten one of those rooms instead. Otherwise, a great place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Nina,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our hotel, from the gardens, to the rooms, to the restaurants and the pool. We are so glad the staff was friendly and helpful and it is great to hear that you had the opportunity to explore our enchanting gardens- they are truly one of the things that makes The Langham Huntington so special.

While we are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay, it is most concerning to know that we fell short in the area of Valet. I very much apologize that our hotel shuttle was not available on that day and I regret the inconvenience it caused. It is definitely unacceptable that the information regarding the shuttle was not consistent among our departments as I am sure this added unnecessary confusion and time when you were en route to dinner. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with our Valet Manager regarding the shuttle and the service provided to you at the valet desk as well- we will certainly ensure our colleagues undergo re-training in these areas to ensure we are always providing wonderful service to our guests.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with a flawless service experience in all areas of our operation. It is my hope that you will return in the future for an improved overall experience.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've stayed here twice for two week periods while working on a project in Pasadena. Beautiful hotel, well maintained and beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, lovely setting in tree-lined Pasadena. De-stress from hectic LA as soon as you set foot on the property. The Terrace restaurant is so nice with gracious al fresco tables, interesting menus. The Royce restaurant also is excellent, but pricey. Felt like coming home every day.

Room Tip: The breakfast add-on is worth the price.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Glenos,

Thank you for taking the time to review of your recent stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay! I will be so pleased to share your comments with the entire team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Hotel is beautiful and sophisticated. But the pool area is run down and without ambiance. The launch chairs are old without cushions, The restaurants are chic and the food is great. Also has gorgeous flowers throughout the common areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Margara2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurants and the beauty of our grounds. I apologize that you found the pool area not up to par, and we have addressed your areas of concern our Director of Engineering. I thank you for your candid feedback as it is only in this way that we are able to improve upon our shortcomings.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The rooms are spacious, super clean and quiet. We had booked 5 rooms. 4 were standard rooms and one was the huntington suite. All parties commented on how their rooms were so comfortable. Some of our guests even stated that they have never slept better. Many parties ordered room service and were equally pleased. Each night we would venture down to the Tap Room for a cocktail and entertainment. Each morning we would meet at The Terrace for breakfast. Both establishments were great on service. The whole feel of The Langham is grand and luxurious. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pattystar42,

We are so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed all aspects of the hotel... from the rooms, the cocktails and entertainment in the Tap Room, breakfast in The Terrace to our service. We strive to provide excellence in service to our guests and are so pleased to hear that you felt at home with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I used to travel quite extensively and I actually looked forward to my LA trips so I could stay at this hotel! So, last year when we decided to take the kids to California, I made it a point to book this hotel for our trip and, the Langham did not disappoint! When we checked in, our room was not available so, we got an upgrade to a cottage by the tennis court (highly recommended) and the pampering began right away! I had a fed ex package delivered to me as soon as I checked in and we were offered a bar credit for our room not being available. The hotel just feels like home and you have no choice but to relax and feel like a California native while you are here! The fitness center is amazing and the surrounding neighborhood is great! They also offer a free shuttle to old town Pasadena if you do not feel like driving to dinner. My kids ask me every month, "When are we going back to Pasadena"?! I love this place and I wish I could go back every year but, based on the East Coast, it's a little difficult to get back!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the entire hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lirrhater,

We are thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and consider us one of the best hotels in the world – what a great recognition! I apologize the room you reserved was not available upon check-in, but I am very glad to hear that you were given an upgraded room along with a bar credit. I am also so pleased to learn that you enjoyed the cottage and hotel’s relaxing ambience.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at the Langham over the Easter weekend. It was an easy drive from Orange County, about 40 minutes, easy to find and in a great neighborhood. Our goal was to visit the famous Norton -Simon and Huntington museums, each spectacular in different ways. The hotel is close so this was easy to do. We drove but they provide a shuttle to various areas, including Old Town Pasadena which reminds me a bit of Santa Barbara's center. There is a lot to do in the area: shops, good restaurants, gardens, some historic features all available near by.

The hotel has an atmosphere of an old elegance as it was built by Huntington and had been a Ritz. The halls are wide, décor is elegant, grounds well kept up.

The hotel has a large heated pool, outdoor spa pool and some nice gardens. It was very crowded so as not to get a lounge chair by the pool so I looked for other seating, perhaps a bench where I could sit, dry out and read. I did not find anywhere to sit on the large lawn or in the gardens, surprisingly. The spa was closed for renovation so there was no separate pool for adults.

We noticed that the hotel was filled with families and children, activities planned for the children and wisely we booked the Easter brunch ahead of time. Service even under stress was very good. I did notice a few items amiss in the room but they were easily remedied: safe deposit battery low, sink drained very slow, some towels needed. Small amenities we found to be more than adequate, such as talcum powder supplied in the toiletries, and they provided a robe, soft hangers, a coffee set up, newspapers outside the door in the morning and lots of movies to choose from on the TV schedule. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The Champagne Brunch was served in a large ballroom where they had a jazz band and many buffet areas set up so as to make it easier for the dinners to get to the tables. The selection of meats, eggs, salads, deserts was ample. Service was fast and friendly.

It was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We were in Room 534, a large king size bedroom in the older section of the hotel, near the spa brid...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Suzanochka,

I am delighted you had a pleasant stay at our hotel over Easter! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the brunch as well as the hotel’s location, décor and grounds. Yet, I am very sorry to hear that a lounge chair was not available for you by the pool over the busy weekend. While I am pleased to learn staff quickly responded to remedy the missing room amenities, I regret the inconvenience you experienced. Please rest assured that I will share your experience with our teams.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with a flawless experience in all areas. It is my hope that you will reconsider returning in the future for an enchanting stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.