“Excellent Service, Good Sized Rooms”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
“Excellent Service, Good Sized Rooms”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived as a group of 20 +, our checkin was processed promptly and in a friendly manner. The rooms were a generous size and the air conditioning was quiet.
Our bed was turned down every night we were there.
The breakfast on the terrace did not provide quite the variety I was looking for. ie no oats or yogurt.
However we did ask about oats, and they were promptly supplied, although we did feel that our request was a bit of an inconvenience.
All in all a good place to stay. Live music in the bar was great too.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with your group at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your rooms, the live jazz in The Tap Room and the service provided to you throughout your stay, as we truly strive to create great memories for our guests! I regret that The Terrace did not provide the variety you were looking for, but am glad that we were able to provide the oats you requested. Please be assured that I will share your comment with our Director of Food and Beverage and The Terrace Chef to review our menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Yours truly,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a few days at the hotel having meetings on site. Melissa in the event department and Duncan at the front desk took great care of my team and I. The meals were nice at the Terrace and the Royce was a very nice "hotel" steakhouse. Would not hesitate again to hold a meeting on site

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear EvanR,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am delighted to know that you and your team enjoyed your time with us and had successful meetings at the hotel. I will be sure to share your kind words with Melissa Selmanson and Duncan Moh, and it's wonderful to know that you felt so well cared for by them both and our very special team of service professionals.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

san diego
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I grew up near this hotel. We went to brunch regularly thre. Recently, I booked a room while attending a wedding in the area. What a nightmare. There was a mix up on the date and the hotel was unwilling to rectify it. I ended up losing $350. The person I spoke to was so rude and offered no solution. I spend a lot of time traveling and have heard that there are countries where people tend to be rude, but I have NEVER experienced this poor level of service. Stay in old Pasadena and maybe have a cocktail at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank labonnevie
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Labonnevie,

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena and for sharing your less than satisfactory experience with us. We value your feedback as it allows our establishment to maintain exceptional levels of service by identifying potential problem areas and correcting them. On behalf of The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointments you encountered. On a personal note, it is a great professional disappointment when The Langham Huntington, Pasadena fails to deliver the unparalleled level of exceptional service we strive so hard to achieve. We have sent you a private message and hope to have the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your experience.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at this property when it was a Ritz Carlton. It has since been taken over by the Langham but we were disappointed to note that the Shamrock Cottage (2 bedrooms) we booked was not renovated like the rest of the main hotel. However the worst part of the Shamrock Cottage was that it faced on one side the main hotel (so the bedroom was very dark and visible from the outside) and on the other side the trash facility for the hotel. I cannot imagine having the priviledge of staying in a hotel between a thoroughfare and the trash facility.

When I inquired about the trash facility and pick up, I was told by the front desk manager that he did not know when the trash pick up would be and that I was the only customer who had ever complained about facing the trash! Clearly he had no idea of how to handle customers nor was he going to change our rooms as he claimed that he had nothing available.

Upon our insistence, a room change became available in the main hotel. We were delighted to with our suite and connecting room which was completely updated and facing over the horseshoe gardens. However our rooms were directly across from the service elevators and service area which meant a constant banging of doors from the service areas and the personnel coming to our floor.

Finally the service was inconsistent. One night, we would have turn down service with slippers, water and ice. On the rest of the evenings, there would not even be water provided. It was very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank VoyageurW
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear VoyageurW,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and for staying with us. I am sorry to learn our Hotel was not up to your expectations both in quality and service, and regret the inconveniences you experienced. We will, as always, take your feedback seriously as we continue to enhance our physical product and service. We hope to have the opportunity to make amends and I will be happy to oversee any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience our regular levels of seamless hospitality.

Pasadena, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights when I was moving and my new place wasn't ready. I did not want to leave. Good bed, great service. Nothing to complain about - Only issue I had was my room key did not work. Instead of making me go back to the registration desk, they brought me a new one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided to you. We are very proud of our team and their commitment to the guest and ensuring that each guest receives the attention and service quality they have come to expect from the Langham brand. I am glad that your key issue was ultimately resolved, and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. The staff will be so pleased to know that they had such an impact on your stay.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warmly,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I can't say enough good things about the Langham. I've stayed here several times and each visit has been better than the last - these folks know how to run a hotel and treat their guests.

Everything about the hotel is focused on the quality of experience for the guests. Given the pricing, one would expect a high level of service, and the Langham never fails to deliver.

The hotel is gorgeous. Every room I have had was delightful, any issues that came up were resolved instantly with genuine concern, the bars and restaurants are outstanding (check out the live jazz in the bar), and the whole atmosphere puts you in a good state of mind.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. It's convenient for business and wonderful for a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: It's hard to go wrong with the Langham, as every room I've seen is outstanding, but if you c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear William,

Thank you for taking to share your recent experience at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena. I am thrilled to hear that you consider us ‘your favorite hotel' – what a wonderful compliment! We are thrilled that you had such a great experience here.

Thank you for recommending The Langham...there is no greater compliment. We hope to see you again very soon.

Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel built at the turn of the last century has kept its charm in our more modern age. Situated on over 20 beautiful acres in a very upscale Pasadena neighborhood it provides a first class hotel experience overall.

The hotel is a 35-40 minute cab ride from LAX that will run about $90 with tip. There is no easy public transportation option. If you drive the Valet parking is $25/day. The hotel does provide a shuttle service to local eateries and attractions if needed.

There are no nearby convenience stores nor can you buy simple snacks or a soda at the Gift Shop so you may want to bring those for children -though I saw none during my stay.

Your room includes a free newspaper of choice, WiFi (more on that later), fitness club access and free coffee in the lounge (the coffee is just average in my opinion). Food at the hotel varied from good to excellent. Service is very attentive but not intrusive which one expects but does not always experience. Try the afternoon tea service if you miss it from your last cruise.

The grounds are very well maintained and worth a stroll. I would also recommend skipping the treadmill and strolling the wide beautiful streets lined with architecturally significant homes.

The temporary fitness facility is housed in 3 very small rooms. The equipment is crammed in and there is little room. The treadmills (3) and bicycles and ellipticals are nestled close to each other and were never full. The hand weights (full set to 50 lbs) are in an 8 by 11 area where there is also a weight bench, kettle bells, and weight bars. This means only one person can work out a time. Every time I was there at least one other person also wanted to use the weights -most left after a few minutes. You can't really lift next to someone swinging a kettle bell or a weight bar. The equipment is well worn but fully functional. The third room is for floor exercises etc. but they also hold classes in that room. When there is a class there is no place to do sit-ups or push-ups and so forth. Water and towels are provided. Again, this is temporary, but if you daily workout matters to you be prepared.

I was in the Lanai building. The rooms are good size, well furnished and maintained. The bathroom had a tub/shower and single sink vanity. There is a coffee maker, stocked fridge, small wall safe (key operated and would only hold a wallet and cell phone but not your iPad or computer). There is also a Robe and slippers.

The WiFi was unacceptable. The connection was very slow and very spotty and essentially non-functional. I even tried paying for the faster "upgraded" WiFi and it was not any better so I can't recommend purchasing it. I tried going outside of the room and that was no better, I asked two other guests who had the same issue. I did finally go to the meeting room area and the meeting room WiFi was functional but not outstanding. I tried using my phone as a hotspot but the signal was too weak -likely because the well healed neighbors can keep out cell phone towers. I had no cell signal in some of the meeting rooms and missed some calls. I don't fault the hotel for this but want you to know. Others confirmed that this was true for both Verizon and AT&T. Sorry if this is long but WiFi is no longer "nice to have". It is an expected service like heat, air conditioning and water for any hotel.

I would absolutely stay here again and I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Poor WiFi in the Lanai rooms perhaps another area would be better if WiFi matters
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear AtlantaBusTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the hotel’s classic charm and enchanting setting right in the heart of one of LA's most treasured neighborhoods.

Thank you for bringing the WiFi situation to our attention - we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Know that the appropriate hotel personnel have been notified and we are taking every step possible to improve the WiFi in the areas you mentioned. Please rest assured that we are currently upgrading our WiFi services and are working to install additional cell towers at the our hotel. I regret that the temporary fitness center did not meet your needs and will certainly share your feedback with our Spa Director. We are so excited to be unveiling our new Chuan Spa and fitness center in just a couple weeks on June 2 featuring state of the art facilities.

I am thrilled to hear you will be back to visit us again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back for an improved all around experience.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!