“A wonderfully luxurious finish to a great US holiday.”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Portland, Victoria
“A wonderfully luxurious finish to a great US holiday.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very impressed with every part of our stay at the Langham Huntington. The service we received from arrival to departure met our expectations - and they were high! We booked a club suite which was luxurious and large with a separate lounge, two full bathrooms and a beautiful king size bed. The Club Lounge for meals/snacks was also a great option with a good selection of food and drink, and the service was fabulous.

We had a beautiful birthday dinner at The Royce where everything from the service to the meal was exceptional. My husband received a birthday greeting upon arrival, and then a card on the table recognising his birthday. We also received genuine birthday greetings from our sommelier - Simon - who was very impressive with his knowledge of their vast wine offerings. We would highly recommend dinner at The Royce.

All in all a wonderful final destination on our US holiday. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I usually tag along with my husband on his business travels. While he is working I like to lounge by hotel if I'm not site seeing. For this reason, I expect a lot from my hotel room. I would say that 8o% of the time I'm not satisfied with the initial room and request a change of room. However, this was not the case at langham! The room was amazing and all the staff were beyond friendly and accommodating. In addition, we were traveling with a toddler so I needed an extra fridge in the room. When we arrived at the room, fridge was in place as were other items we needed!
Will definitely stay again when traveling to LA.
Also, hotel was gorgeous and surrounding area was beautiful and safe.

1 Thank vptraveler
Boston
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Langham has preserved early 20th century charm and elegance, and renovated it for the 21st century. It is easy to enjoy the lovely lobby and garden courtyard, the elegant ball rooms and grand halls, the playful pool and poolside dining, and the reflective Japanese gardens. The owners have preserved a gem, and it is a treat to visit.

The service was friendly and cordial, but no less than three times in two days did various staff make promises to me that they didn't keep. I did summarize my complaints at check-out, and was granted an immediate discount, which I appreciated. Despite that, i'd go back in a heartbeat, and bring my wife...

Room Tip: The south facing rooms can get stuffy from the sun - this was built as a winter only hotel after all...
Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jaywvogt
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear jaywvogt,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s charm and storied elegance and appreciated the many wonderful 21st century upgrades as well. I am thrilled that you had an opportunity to relax in our enchanting gardens- the hotel's enchanting setting is one of our most treasured features. While I am pleased to hear about your experience at check-out and that the service was friendly and cordial, I was most disappointed to know the staff made promises that they did not keep. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with your directly regarding your experience and would appreciate any additional details you would be willing to share. I may be reached directly at christoph.moje@langhamhotels.com or at 626.568.3900. Please rest assured that I have addressed this with the team here to ensure a flawless experience upon your return.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A classic hotel, nice amenities, good food. The exec. suites on the 8th floors are great and the complimentary breakfast and snacks are top notch. I've found the staff to be very helpful. Overall a good experience. I'm here for a conference and the place is great for it.

Room Tip: I'd splurge and go for the executive suites on the 8th floor. They are more pricey but, what wit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on The Club Level at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel… from the amenities, to your Club Suite, to the service and culinary offerings you experienced in The Club Lounge. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team here.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Langham as part of a conference in April. I have never been in such an elegant and gracious hotel. Every staff member was knowledgeable and courteous, the room was lovely, with too many amenities to mention. Turn down service included a pair of slippers on each side of the bed. As other reviewers have mentioned, the food was a bit pricey, which brings me to my only complaint. My husband was attending the conference, so I ate in the hotel restaurant several times and my food was never really hot. It wasn't so cold to send it back, but definitely had been waiting too long to be served. My first breakfast was $60, so I would expect the food to be hot. The pool was lovely, with fresh towels placed on each lounge chair every morning. The Japanese-style garden was relaxing, although it would have been nice to have some seating in the area. It was very close to the Huntington Library and Gardens and the San Gabriel Mission, if you are looking for sight-seeing opportunities.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Joan,

Thank you so much for the kind note. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience here and enjoyed your room and it’s amenities as well as the hotel’s enchanting pool and gardens. Please be assured I will share your feedback regarding The Terrace with our Director of Food & Beverage as we feel a tremendous responsibility to consistently provide the highest quality of service and product to our guests.

Thank you once again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for four nights. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Very good amenities in the restrooms and great towels. Staff was helpful and professional. The pool is very nice lots of kids. This can be good or bad depending on your taste.

Food at the Royce was not exceptional. I expected more from the reviews but at that price I figured I would be amazed. I was not much better filets at other steakhouses.

Great views and a very quiet neighborhood.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone that would like a five star resort in Pasadena.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Allen,

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel.. from your spacious and comfortable room, to the guest room amenities, to the pool and our staff- we are very proud of our team and their commitment to the guest and ensuring that each guest receives the attention and service quality they have come to expect in the Langham brand. While I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay, I was most disappointed to learn that your experience at The Royce did not live up to high standards that we set for ourselves. I very much appreciate your candid feedback and please be assured I have shared your commentary with our Royce Chef de Cuisine as well as our Director of Food and Beverage.

Thank you for recommending The Langham Huntington, Pasadena....there is no greater compliment. We hope to see you again very soon.

Mariposa, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you are in the area this is a wonderful place to stay. It is in a very quiet neighborhood. The staff has had excellent training. The rooms are very nice and come with a robe. The marble bathroom comes with a leather box filled with everything you might need and the tub/very nice shower comes with more than the usual shampoo/conditioner. The bed feels good. Very comfortable chair with reading lamp and a nice desk area to work at. Bring your swim suit as they have an Olympic sized pool. Be sure to take a walk as the grounds are lovely. The Terrace Cafe has excellent food, as does the upscale Royce Restaurant. I was here for a conference, but it would Also be an excellent choice for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank suzette p
Dear Suzette,

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your guestroom and it’s amenities and appreciated its charm and elegance. And yes, we are privileged to be a part of such a special neighborhood, and the hotel's enchanting setting is one of our most treasured features.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon for leisure or a romantic getaway!

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Hilton Pasadena
#6 of 31 in Pasadena
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!