We are deeply disappointed by Langham Pasadena’s lacklustre service after making a mistake on our booking. Our expectations for a 5-star hotel were very much misplaced. We had booked two Deluxe Rooms online and received email confirmation. Despite arriving at the hotel with a printed confirmation, the hotel receptionist informed us that our booking could not be found, and that she could try to secure another two rooms for us, but at a higher rate.
We pursued further and she advised that this was probably due to a system glitch and suggested for us to follow-up on this with her manager during the day as she was on night shift. We were reluctant to settle for this arrangement as the email confirmation had our credit card details and clearly showed the details of the rooms reserved and the rate we had gotten. We insisted for the counter officer to redouble her efforts in finding our booking, being afraid that the hotel would bill us for no-show on our original booking on top of the additional booking.
After much back and forth, the receptionist finally “discovered” our booking and justified her confusion with the mismatch of the first and last names of the guests between our online booking and our passports. We found this unacceptable. Regardless of names, we had produced the confirmation email and there were so many other ways to locate this booking (booking date, confirmation number etc). The officer should have taken that seriously and investigate further instead of brushing it aside and make an unverified assumption of system glitch. What is the point of sending us so many confirmation emails (Confirmation Number: 27405SB133303 and 23725921) when your system is only able to locate a booking with the first name? Moreover, we have checked in at about 10pm and if this was a first-class front desk counter, they would be expecting our arrival as most of the reservations for that day would have been completed by that time!
We expect an explanation as to why the printed confirmation did not suffice to prove that we have made the booking. We were already on an exhausting business trip and we chose Langham Pasadena due to its reputation for excellent and efficient service. After going through all the hassle just to secure rooms which we had already booked – something a basic hotel would be able handle properly – we are extremely displeased and are thus offering an opposing viewpoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features delectable dining, the award-winning Chuan Spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis programming, fitness classes, swimming and nearby golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel