“Decent price and location!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Bengaluru, India
“Decent price and location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We booked this through Expedia at a fairly cheap price.

The rooms are big and spacious, with TV, microwave and fridge. The toilets are good and clean.

There is nothing on the name of room-service. We had to go to the reception to get us some extra towels and stuff.

The continental breakfast is laid at the reception. No space to sit and eat, you have to take the stuff to your room to have. The options are ok, fruits, muffins, cereals and cakes. No freshly prepared breakfast, all packaged and ready made stuff.

The hotel is located 10 minutes walk from the nearest metro. There are many stores (Target etc.) nearby.

Overall a Ok place at such a price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for your fair and thorough comments. I’m glad you found so many aspects of your stay enjoyable. We take special pride in the large size of our rooms and in the convenient location of this Pasadena hotel. I apologize that you didn’t find the breakfast arrangements satisfactory and that your room was lacking towels. We’ll use your comments to improve for the future.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

we were out most of the time so i could care less about customer service. we got a nonsmoking king bed room suite. for me the room is pretty big considering the cheap price. the room looks newly renovated. will definitely reccommend and i am actually thinking of booking again this coming weekend.

Room Tip: book a non smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Folsom, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel was an absolute joke!!! The room smelled terrible, there was no closet to hang my clothes, the toilet did work properly, parking was ridiculous and the continental breakfast was very small and late each day. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone....ever! I have learned my lesson on economy room rates, spend a little more and get better accommodations.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ted C
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. If you had contacted us at the time of your stay, we could have perhaps moved you to another room that would have better met your needs. We take pride in offering clean, comfortable and value-priced accommodations. We also provide a breakfast each day at the stated times, and we’re sorry if there was any confusion. We hope you’ll try as again. Please call and speak with me directly if there are unresolved issues.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Pasadena hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

DO NOT BOOK A RESERVATION HERE. They fraudlently charged my credit card and would not refund the $ at all. My reservation was "supposedly" scheduled for the beginning of January and my card was charged in full at the beginning of December?!?!?! Are you kidding me. Here's the shocking part I never even stayed here. Didnt even book the reservation. Upon finding out about the fraudulent charge I contacted my CC company and asked that they place a hold on my credit card do to the fraudulent charge from Rodeway Inn Pasadena. The next day the Rodeway Inn "posse" decided to call me and ask that I unfreeze my card so that they could charge me. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! No way. This place is awful and I hope they get their a clue about customer service or they will be out of business sooner than later. Good riddance Rodeway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kyle G
Dear Guest,

Thanks for contact us. I’m sorry to hear there was some billing confusion and that you were unable to stay with us. I apologize that the company reservations specialist did not follow your instructions, but I trust the issue has been properly resolved by now. If there is a remaining issue or you have any billing comments or concerns remaining, please contact me directly and I’ll get things solved for you. I would appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Thanks,
Lansing
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We recently stayed at this Rodeway Inn, and I would definitely use it only as a last resort in Pasadena. Because it only had one bed, we called several days ahead to reserve an additional roll-away bed. When we arrived, we were told that a roll-away was not available because it has to be reserved at the time of the original reservation. The room also lacked several conveniences that are typically provided by other hotels--like Kleenex, a bottle opener, and a comfortable chair. Our room had just one chair--a wooden straight-back chair at the desk. Finally, the desk clerk could use a course in public relations. It seemed that anytime we asked for anything, his response was always "Sorry!"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jon W
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that you experienced some minor issues that caused your stay to be less than 100 percent satisfactory. We strive to be a great combination of cleanliness, amenities and value, and I’m sorry if we were not up to your expectations. I also apologize that our desk clerk was not able to be more informative. We’re always getting better, however, and would always welcome you back any time.

Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

First of all, the picture above is really misleading. The exterior of the hotel is kind of rundown, so it must be either taken years ago when the building was first painted or photoshoped. The hotel actually makes the neighborhood look sketchy. Inside, the lobby is very small, the hallway carpet was filthy and the room smells funky. The heater was deafening. I did not turn on the one in my room but had to hear it running in other rooms all night. Sometime in the mid of the night the bathroom upstairs must start leaking, so I was hearing the water dripping noise all the time in my sleep. In the morning I discovered the carpet in my bedroom near the bathroom was completely soaked. Imagine what it was like when I stepped on the soaked carpet with my bare feet on a cold winter morning. Looking up I saw the crevice on the ceiling, where the water kept dripping down. I told the staff about it when I was checking out. He did not apologize, nor did he thank me for notifying him. It was like "oh, so you are leaving? What do you want me to do for you then?" I wouldn't say the two guys there meant anything ill, but man they looked really miserable there. To be fair, the room was reasonably clean and the traffic noise was lower than I anticipated, so I give this place two stars for that, in addition to the relatively cheap price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Julia W
Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the convenience, cleanliness and quietness of our property, but I’m sorry to hear you experienced an unfortunate maintenance issue. If only we could fix problems before they happen, we could better satisfy all customers. Leaks do make a mess, and of course, we fixed it later that day before re-renting the room. In any case, I sincerely apologize that you experienced a customer service and maintenance lapse. I hope you’ll visit us again, and I hope you’ll contact me directly if you have other comments or concerns.

South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Was cheap and available but completely lacking! For example: the parking sucked. The covered parking was very limited and the stalls so small that most cars were over the line taking two spots thereby making it impossible for every stall to be used; and we were warned that if you park on the street you could get towed. There was a holder for a hairdryer in the bathroom but no hairdryer--luckily my wife brought hers. The room was large but no mirror in it, so when getting ready/dressed you had to crowd around the mirror in the bathroom. The fridge was making this loud, vibrating racket that became part of the annoying decor of the place by the second day. I do have to say the bed was rather comfortable, but regardless, we will definitely plan ahead next time and book somewhere else even if it's more money, or even stay in our car which has more charm than this place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrissBarber
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you had problems with the parking. It’s a constant struggle for us to maintain adequate parking, but we always have enough, though not much to spare. I’m also sorry there were some issues with your room. We strive to make sure everything meets or exceeds expectations and understand the bed is the most important thing. That’s why the beds are so nice. If there were specific issues, we might have been able to move you to another room. If you still have any concerns, please feel free to contact me directly and I’ll address them.

Thanks,