“Family run and good food.”
Review of Lupita's

Lupita's
Ranked #91 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Went there after reading the other reviews. Was pleased. Good food, fast and friendly. Great relaxing Hispanic music playing to which the owner would occasionally sing along to. Definitely check it out. I had a very tasty burrito and a beer, both for under $12. And free chips and homemade salsa.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Yum! This place has great authentic mexican food with great prices and friendly service. A Groupon led me to Lupitas and I will go again when I need my mexican food fix. The salsa is good. You get two different kinds;one mild and the other hot. I went all in for my first time there. I had Mojarra (whole tilapia fish) with a side chicken taco. I wasnt planning on eating it all but everything was so good.

1  Thank imoy2
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Then your search ends here. My favorite is the chicken taco and the shell is crisp and chicken is tender.
They have a bottomless chips and 2 types of salsa all hand made and not from New York City.
You can find them in the same parking lot of Plate 38 and a new BBQ place under construction ...

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The boyfriend and I had to spend a day in Irwindale and I being the obsessive planner that I am, looked up some restaurants nearby with good reviews. He loves anything spicy really and this place had decent reviews, so we gave it a try. Their menu is online if you want to preview it. They have a Groupon deal going on right now which I missed out on, grr!

Its tucked away in a corner of a small shopping complex but I had no trouble finding it. We walked in and kind of stood there uncertain as to whether we were to sit or wait to be seated. The owner (I assumed as he had a clock on the wall with a picture of him and his daughter on it, so cute!) quickly, even though he was helping someone else, motioned for us to sit down. We did, and the nicest most POLITE waitress ever came by, a thin woman with dark hair in an A-line haircut, helped me pronounce the food I wanted to order, offered more tortillas, never let our drinks empty, basically was wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about her :)

The food was good and came out quickly. I ordered the camarones al mojo de ajo (shrimp in garlic butter) and my boyfriend had the carnitas tacos. Neither one of us had any complaints, except I get grossed out by the shrimps' legs. :) The shrimp also came with a drawn butter with spices that complemented the plate very well. They had a board in the restaurant advertising flan, so I of course ordered some! Also delicious.
Donl't hesitate to come here, service is great and everything is so reasonably priced. This restaurant restored my faith in trying out new places!

Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

This is an awesome place!! Food is delicious and the owner is hilarious! The food is super fresh. I had the Horchata (cinmamon rice milk) for the first time. Yummy! I ordered the Shrimp Fajitas. Yummy! This is a hidden jewel and a must try!