“Beautiful view!”

Villa Nel Mondo Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hilltop location cannot be beaten--views in every direction. I loved walking the road through the hills in the evening and morning. We stayed two nights in the two bedroom suite with our adult daughter and were very happy--lots of room, quite comfortable. Left the windows open at night to hear the coyotes. Very nice breakfast, enjoyed coffee on the patio in the morning watching the birds. Pleasant owners with friendly dogs. Just a bit outside town, but not too far a drive after dinner. Only criticism is the lack of decent internet--we ended up at Starbucks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had never heard of Villa Nel Mondo until a friend recommended it for our stay in Paseo Robles. I looked at the online pictures and decided to give it a try. We arrived around 5 p.m. and were greater by one of the owners and the brewery dogs. Since it was closing time for the winery we snuck in a quick wine tasting. Big Boss was my favorite. We were taken up to our room and what a wonderful surprise. The room was even more beautiful than the photos. We entered "The Tuscany Suite" through gorgeous old world doors into a nice entry way. To the right was a king size bed, fireplace and big screen tv. The bathroom is huge with a walk in shower and separate soaking tub. The closet is probably bigger than most people have at home. There are only 3 rooms at this B and B and for the next 2 nights we were the only couple there..we had the place to ourselves. It was fantastic!! The views are completely panoramic from the entire property. We sat at the outdoor fire ring and had some lovely wine and snacks before retiring. The next day we hired "Destination Drivers" who came and drove our car to all the wineries where we wanted to do wine tasting. I highly recommend using this service. They are ultra professional, knowledgeable and do a great job. They even brought us water and snacks to have along the way. Each morning a simple but lovely breakfast was waiting for us. I absolutely cannot wait to go back to Mondo.

Room Tip: They only have 3 rooms. We loved the Tuscany Suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have stayed at Mondo in a prior visit to Paso and in a different room. I've been at over a dozen B&B's in Paso and while Mondo is a nice stay, it's not at the top of my list so I can't rate it 5 stars as I would my other favorites. If you stay on the weekend, just remember Friday's can be busy and a bit noisy. The rooms are nice but there were some issues in the bathroom and it could use some fixing (faucet, toilet paper holder). On the plus side their wines are really nice and Doug and Mitch and very nice hosts. Continetal breakfast. The rates are fairly comparable to other B&B's, maybe less on weekdays. The views are nice from the patio however you are not really in the vineyard, just a hilltop with grassy fields. Would I return, sure, but probably not my first choice.

Room Tip: stay in one of the two rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TreborsTravels
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights over the Labor Day weekend. We wanted a wine experience outside of the Napa/Sonoma valley standard and we got exactly what we wanted. The brothers that own/run the BnB are welcoming, friendly and helpful. They provide a fantastic wine tasting and a beautiful location to relax after a long day of wine tasting. The breakfast is simple but tasty and for the size and comfort of the rooms are a bargain for the price. Next time we hit up Paso Robles for wine tasting, we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ubermensch1313
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We only stayed one night in the Tuscany room. It is very large. The bathroom is even larger. Huge walk in shower, two sinks, a claw foot tub. A room for the toilet. The room has a fireplace and flat screen TV, a large closet room. Room is upstairs. There are three rooms for the place. We stayed during the big state fair in town and I believe the people in both of the other rooms went to the fair. I did get a bit scared when the couple down stairs was coming home at 3am. Their door is outside but it sound like some one was breaking in. Stayed in July and was grateful for the ceiling fan and the fact that it does cool down at night. We were able to open windows and turn on the ceiling fan to cool down the room. Paso Robles get very warm in the summer. 100 both days we were there. A bit outside of town but nothing too far to make it not worth it.

Breakfast in the morning was nice. Standard breakfast. Not your typical sit down let me serve you B&B breakfast. More here is a buffet help yourself. Can sit inside or out on their porch.

Glad we got to experience the place. A bit shocked at the cost of a glass of wine ($10) when staying at the place but they have a right to charge what they want.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Staying here at Mondo was a very enjoyable experience. The rooms are large and comfortable with pretty views (but the rooms themselves have no balconies, a pity!). As mentioned, any parties are over early so the nights are quiet and you have the house to yourselves (and other B&B guests). Take a glass of wine onto the patio to sit back and enjoy the view from the hilltop-deer come out early so you might see them as well! Joining the wine club enables a discounted room rate, but do so only if you like their wines...They are okay, nothing great as yet but again, they're just getting going as many Paso wineries are. The breakfasts are good, filling and lots of fresh fruit. The only negative is that when we went they were (lightly) pitching the opportunity to invest in their vineyard-they buy their grapes currently but want to expand on the land around them. I didn't mind their investment brochures all around, but some folks might not like paying for rooms & then being solicited. Aside from that, well worth staying at!

Room Tip: The downstairs room might be better, since you don't have to bring your own luggage upstairs. Al...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We absolutely loved this B&B.

We stayed only one night, during our California road trip, and I wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was the Tuscany, and the views are amazing from the room. There are windows all around (don't worry you can close the curtains) which allows you to see all the rolling hills around you.

The shower is huge, the tub is great. Everything was very clean. The mattress was super comfortable and I had a great night's sleep.

The breakfast is not elaborate like in other bed and breakfast however they offer a good selections of food: boiled eggs, bagels with different kids of cream cheese, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, orange juice, bacon, muffins, etc.

I woke up with a smile on my face to see the sun rise out of one of the bedroom windows, and a few minutes later I smelled fresh coffee and bacon ... it was a perfect morning!

The guys let us taste wine before we headed out, and I enjoyed the wine and Doug's relaxed attitude so much I joined their wine club.

They also have a fire pit in the front of the villa and we enjoyed a bottle of wine in front of the fire with the other guest the night of our stay.

All in all this place was great. Very peaceful and relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple