“BED BUGS!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wine Country Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wine Country Inn
Ranked #26 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Ft. Worth, TX
“BED BUGS!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Don't stay here - drive 30 miles, if you have to. We stayed here for one night because it was the only room available during the Fair. Mistake! We checked for bed bugs and didn't see any. 3 days later, my girlfriend and I are both at the doctor getting cortizone shots because we are COVERED in bed bug bites. CA Health Dept - shut this place down!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Raphaella8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

My wife and I stayed 4 nights during the Harvest Fest. Clean room with a king size bed. Old bldg. showing it's age and only 2 outlets in the room. No bed bugs and cleaned nicely every day. For a place to crash it worked just fine. The price is definitely right.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

I decided to stay the night in Paso Robles instead of driving all of the way home, what a mistake. All of the hotels in town were booked solid and this place was the only one with an available room. The room (#15 across the driveway from the office) wasn't very clean but I just wanted to sleep then leave right away in the morning. I woke up to bugs in the bed and along the wall. I packed up and checked my bags for bugs but I didn't see anything. The manager refused to offer a refund or anything else saying that he would have done something if I had noticed a problem the night before. Unfortunately I did not know much about bed bugs and brought my bags into my house when I got home. If I knew what I know now I would have never done that. I week later I woke up from a nap on my couch to find myself covered in bug bites. That one night at this dump cost me an extra $1000 to get the Orkin guys to treat my home for bed bugs! Stay away from this place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank chkgls

Travellers are raving about these Paso Robles hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Holy smokes!! This place look quite cute and quaint from the exterior...but it was not this way for long. I called prior to arriving and spoke to a man to check availability. The man did not speak very good English and could not answer my questions about amenities and hung up on me after asking a question. But we thought, hey for $45 it is at least a deal. Upon arrival the man acting like were inconveniencing him by wanting to get a room. We asked about local restaurants and he had no knowledge of the area and stated he only ate Indian food that he cooked. I was annoyed at that point, but it gets worse. We got to our room, it was about 105 degrees in there and reeked of musk and mold. First thing we did was check the sheets. They looked decent so we decided to stay. We then turned on the light and the walls were jacked, mold in the shower-BAD, bugs in bathroom and especially on window seal, fleas and flea eggs mostly. My husband ended up cleaning up the room so we could stay. I didn't see the reviews prior, but I hope when looking for a place to stay in paso, you will read this and it will detour from staying here.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

We arrived in Paso Robles late in the afternoon on our way from San Francisco to LA. We usually stay in Hampton Inn but it was fully booked. This place looked clean from the outside so we took a chance. Guys at the counter were characters but were friendly enough. However, there was definitely bed bugs in out room. Realized we had bites all over us the next day when we made it to LA. Spent a day washing all of our stuff and vacuuming out our suit cases.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NoeValley13
Fremont, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

This is a place to definitely NOT go. Just because it has a fancy name does NOT mean it is a fancy place to stay. Despite reading all the previous reviews, we still ended up there.

Upon arriving, it did look rather 'shabby' but we thought we'd give it a shot. But by 2am we were out the door and onto a Holiday Inn Express. And what got us out of the place were the BUGS in the bed. In the two beds there were at least bugs each in them. I'm sorry, the cleaning staff had to know there were bugs there, they weren't tiny things, big enough to be seen.

PLEASE, take this into consideration when going there... bugs do NOT belong in a bed!

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank jameilioness
Manhattan Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

The outside of this dive motel looks much more charming in photographs than in real life. The room (#7) was so disgusting! There was blood and other bodily fluids on the comforters, no matress pads on the beds, the carpet was filthy with debris like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks, the toilet tank was coming out of the wall with plaster coming off in chunks, the towels were dirty, the shower mildewed, holes in the walls, questionable substance in the toilet. We immediately went back to the office to complain and they insisted the room had been cleaned. They refused to give us a refund and we asked to talk to the owner, who they called. The owner refused to talk to us and refused to give us a refund. I've stayed in $5 hostels in third world countries that were MUCH nicer than this! Thank god our friends who were staying in the beautiful Paso Robles Inn got a free upgrade to a suite so we high tailed it over there and shared their suite! I paid with American Express and have filed a dispute so hopefully I will get my refund.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends