“one of our visits so tastings were on tap”
Review of Opolo Vineyards

Opolo Vineyards
Ranked #10 of 185 things to do in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Known for great times, award winning wines, Opolo is located on picturesque Vineyard Drive. Come enjoy a wide range of experiences, from tours and cheese pairings, varied flight options and Pairings on the Patio to The Distillery at Opolo or one of our events on the hilltop where you'll enjoy gorgeous vineyard views.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

One of the many tasting rooms we visited on trip to PR. The tasting was comfortable but the wines were pretty ordinary. I admit it was the last of the day( eight before) so maybe we were taste blank. I will visit again next time.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"patio"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had some good and more focused association with the other couples since this is only a three-bedroom B&B. The walk around the winery and up the hill for the 360 degree view was awesome. If any couple want a peaceful, restful, B&B, this is the place.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have been to this winery many times and they are always improving the facility. They make some very nice wines - ready to drink today. I wish that they made fewer wines and concentrated on their top reds but... Anyways it is a fantastic country drive to Opolo. You will have fun.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Went to Paso Robles in May 2017 and made a special trip to Opolo since it was the first winery I visited in 2011. I noticed they did some remodeling since which looked nice, basically bringing the indoors out. However, the dog friendly atmosphere has changed and now I see that it's changed even more since my visit in May 2017 (no more dogs in the patio area). My experience was that we wanted to get a picture of our 10 pound dogs with the wine glasses in the picture. So we put the 10 pound dogs on the patio chairs and was told by one of the workers, "dogs are not allowed on the furniture." Furniture!?!?!? It's patio furniture, not Chanel!!! So I never got my cute picture. We went ahead and did the tasting and ended up purchasing over $100 in 6 bottles. I asked for the wine box that can hold 4 bottles with a handle to hold, but was told that those are for Wine members only. Really??? Again, another thing that has changed since my first visit. they offered me a box that I could hold the bottles in but it didn't have any handles. okay, fine...whatever. But after these two odd and disappointing experiences, I have a hard time justifying going back. On top of it, now they don't allow the dogs in the patio just because of a couple of bad experiences?!?!?! Why punish all the dog owners and dogs for a couple of experiences?? How many good experiences have you had? And why doesn't that outweigh the bad? I appreciate that you can still bring dogs to hang out in the picnic tables, but can we still do wine tasting? Are your servers going to come out to take care of us? I highly doubt it since they wouldn't even come out to the patio on this last visit. If the manager wants some ideas in this new unchartered area, then perhaps have certain days that ones can bring dogs into the patio area (Sun-Wednesday, or whatever are the slower days). But keep in mind that Paso Robles is full of vineyards that allow dogs so you will be losing business if you keep this rule in play.

2  Thank lucyandethel91208
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Read about the winery online and saw decent ratings so we decided to visit. The winery is large and produces a large number of varieties but it seems to lack focus by trying to do too much. We have come in on a Sunday Morning, the winery was quite busy and having pizza on the premises helps the kiddos if you decide to bring them along. You can sit on the "patio" having a slice with a glass or 2 or 3 of wine.

Wines though is an entirely different story. When we tasted them they seem bland the minerality was short of decent and the aftertaste faded away rather quickly for all wines including the Zin and Albarino, which I would have expected to be a little more "flavorful" for the lack of the better term. Don't get me wrong the variety is good thing to have but I think that being a "Jack of All Trades" when it comes to wines hurt rather than help.

I might keep an eye on the winery but I wouldn't plan to visit any time soon.

Jessica S, Manager at Opolo Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hi Alena,

Thank you for coming out and visiting the vineyard. We’re sorry that you weren’t impressed with our wines. Our team considers the vast amount of varietals we grow and work with to be a luxury rather than a hindrance and our many Wine Club members agree, as well. We’re able to creatively produce award winning wines that are crowd pleasers as well as focus on smaller lot productions and have seen 90+ scores consistently from critics. We appreciate your feedback and perhaps on your next visit to Paso Robles you may revisit our wines. Cheers!