“A little bit of Tuscany in Paso Robles”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Castoro Cellars

Castoro Cellars
Ranked #14 of 163 things to do in Paso Robles
Houston, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A little bit of Tuscany in Paso Robles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Driving down the long winding entry seemed to transport us to Italy! And even though their was a modest fee for tasting, we were given probably twice the number that we paid for. And Castoro has one of the most beautiful and serene spots for a picnic lunch in Paso. And you can buy all your foodie goodies right there at very reasonable prices. Don't miss it! Oh and make sure you pet the cat.

Visited August 2012

Altadena, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly staff, beautiful room, good wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was there on July 27, 2012, the same day as the woman who had the unpleasant experience. I am surprised and sorry to hear about that, because my experience was quite the opposite. I had a pleasant young man serving me at first. Then I took a break (I had chosen to taste 7 wines for a fee; you can taste 3 wines for free) and sat in front of the fireplace for while, and then resumed tasting, with an older woman serving me now. She was very pleasant and we had a very nice conversation.
While my boyfriend and I were sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace, two young women from the staff came over to chat and pet my dog. That's another plus: this place is pet friendly.
I really liked the wines, too. It was hard to choose which to buy, especially among the reds. The Due Mila Otto was delicious, but I bought a bottle of Syrah (even more delicious to my taste) and bottle of Viognier (a very dry white).

Visited July 2012
Lakewood, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dam Fine Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We have purchased wine from here in the past and just yesterday! It's a lovely place to visit, the staff is friendly and the wine is tastey!

Visited August 2012
Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“great wine, lovely staff, fun experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Castoro has, as they say "Dam FIne Wine." The grounds are lovely, with great plantings, views and an art gallery. The tasting room is attractive and comfortable and Vinnie the cat is a sweetheart. We had the good fortune to have Sherry as out hospitality specialist. She really made the experience outstanding. She was friendly, knowledgeable and a lot of fun, very generous in sharing her knowledge. We must have stayed for an hour and a half. Bought a bottle of the Primitivo which was delicious and the modest tasting fee was waived. It was definitely one of the best wineries to visit.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank paintswimdance
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wines are good, staff not as nice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Used to belong to their wine club a while back for a few years. One day I went wine tasting with a couple of my friends. At that time there was an older lady named Joan (I think was her name). She recognized me from prior visits. She started the wine tasting and served a few of us standing at the counter. Then, I wasn't finished with my tasting of one of the white wines featured in the tasting. Joan grabbed my glass and poured out my tasting of that wine and said I had have finished my tasting and that this wasn't a bar. I looked around in disbelief. I didn't say anything to avoid calling attention to myself. We finished our tasting and we left. I promised myself I would never returned to this winery.

Visited December 2011