I live in Santa Barbara and travel often to Paso Robles, wine country extraordinaire, and the photo of the Sundance Inn had me crazy with excited anticipation when I saw the Travelzoo voucher, $299 for two weekend nights, including meals and happy hour wine and cheese tasting! I imagined a lovely anniversary weekend in August. Instead, Tom could not accommodate that weekend, or any other, it turns out, without some added expense or another. The old "bait and switch".
I would just repeat the words of another reviewer, themisticles because he says it best. "Huge Disappointment".
As for me, I cancelled the voucher. I am merely writing about my experience with the reservation manager, Tom. I will never get to this Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at our romantic Villa located close to town and yet worlds away. Surrounded by vineyards, bask in the sun by the pool and enjoy see forever views from our 1200 ft elevation on a ten acre estate,lined with olive trees, lavender, and many kinds of flowers. Four suites, all with full bath, private patios or walk out sundecks. Southwest/Tuscan decor; eclectic furnishings; flat screen DVD players in every room for private movie viewing our library of over 500 first run movies. Air conditioned, Pool, serene, exclusive. Owner is Executive Chef and winemaker. Est. 2007.. Ten minutes from 20 wineries, located in the heart of the "Backroads wine district" in east Paso Robles. WALK to a nearby winery for a picnic and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Desperado Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles
- Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles