“great location and room for the price!”
Review of Melody Ranch Motel

Melody Ranch Motel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Martinez, California
“great location and room for the price!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband & I stayed here last year for a long weekend and were very pleased with the room. It was clean, comfortable and convenient for our weekend activities. Our friends also stayed here and we all were happy with our rooms. The staff was great and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Basics are in order, e.g. you get a room, a decent bed, etc. Other than that, do not expect privacy as you can hear the TV next door, including the conversations. And the most important factor, which really upset us was the fact that our request for privacy, Do not disturb sign, was ignored. We had a lot of electronics in the room and therefor left the sign on, however we we returned the sign was off and the room had been cleaned. Utter disregard for privacy, unacceptable!
No plugs in the room, had to unplug the coffee machine in the bathroom to charge a telephone, and unplug the TV to charge a laptop.
No hairdryer, no clock, extremely slow internet or none at all, noisy heating system and rundown, unkept staff.
To add to this we decided to try the 'complimentary' coffee in the room ... One sip was already too much!!!
Extremely unhappy and would not recommend this to anyone. However the rooms were clean, the beds decent and it is a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Inni85
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I like to research almost all the hotel/motels in an area before picking one. I look for value and I read all the reviews (good and bad) on each place I am considering. The Melody Ranch Motel seemed to me to be the best choice. The motel is 50's/60's style and reminded me of some of the motels my family stayed in coming out west on the old Route 66 in 1959. Clean and neat are the order of the day at Melody Ranch. The room was spotless and well maintained. The bed was firm and the sheets were crisp and we both had a wonderful sleep. I love a nice shower and this place did not disappoint. Nice tile in the bathroom and a full shower (not a tub/shower combo). The morning was a bit cool so the wall heater came in handy to warm things up a bit. I also liked the fact that guests had an assigned parking space in front of their room. The only downside to the place, as one other visitor mentioned, was the lack of electrical outlets. The only reason I mention this at all is I sleep with a CPAP machine and could not plug it in - not a huge problem for one night. As for value, the price of the room was great. We weren't in town for any wine tasting or that sort of thing, just visiting relatives. My wife and I will stay here the next time we come to town.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rott10bird
scottsdale
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

have stayed at melody ranch so many times in month of April with group of friends and love it. affordable....clean! and comfortable! if you desire high quality linens..heavenly mattress...do not stay here HOWEVER..if it is the best value in a great location..walk to restaurants ...town square
minutes to fabulous vineyards.this is the best...oh great friendly front desk

• Stayed April 2012
santa barbara,ca.
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We were driving North on 101 and spent the night here, and thought it was adorable and a very refreshing respite from the heat. The front desk staff were lovely and kind. The pool was
delightful. Walking into town after sunset was a pleasure. Paso is a really cute place that I have never really explored. We slept well-the room was quiet and very comfortable. The next day, we had been on the road for a while when we got a call from the friendly proprietor letting us know we'd left some clothes behind. That was very nice, as we needed them for a wedding, so we went back to retrieve them.
Driving home after the wedding weekend in Sonoma, we found ourselves wanting to stop for dinner in Paso, and why not just get a room, as well? It was hot-we were tired-we had a great place in mind to stay, and they just happened to have a vacancy. We were happy to get our same room. A bit of an oasis before we had to get back into our busy lives back home on Monday. It was a very very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: Room 10 has a king size bed
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank atmo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My Sweetie and I stayed here once when we were looking for someplace economical and in the downtown area. We wanted to be within walking distance of the tasting rooms and restaurants, and wanted to save our money to buy wine. Since I was in charge of making the reservations, I chose Melody Ranch on a whim.

What a great place! We loved the staff, the room - small and not modern - is that an image of Elvis I see in the grout? It was perfectly clean, and it felt like we had been transported to 1960s California.

We're going back to Paso shortly and guess where we're staying? Its charm is too much to pass by, particularly since our plans are mostly in the downtown area. I'm looking forward to our next stay at Melody Ranch. Like many others who have reviewed this charming place, the only downside is the pool. However, since the last time we were there was in the fall, that's probably not a fair assessment. This time will be a trip in August, and we'll be able to assess it much better.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VegasWineaux
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

I will say that this was the cheapest place we found. The staff here was friendly and accommodating when we needed more towels. The shower is SUPER small but overall it was a decent place to stay. We would stay here again but it is pretty average.

• Stayed July 2012