“Excellent Winery”
Review of Rio Seco Winery

Rio Seco Winery
Ranked #44 of 168 things to do in Paso Robles
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Family owned winery. Excellent Wines (their Zin and Cab are the best); the owners are very friendly; and the services are great. Great atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Rio Seco Winery

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

For starters the idea of being the only ones there was totally great and I will explain way later, the day was rainy Sunday December 2,2012. From the moment we got in the fun started!! I can't remember his name but he is a navy veteran, which I don't see how come he looks still so young! Anyway he was great as a host! The wines are all delicious, well, the reds are, the wine really taste great, plus a good host made things even more interesting. I'm glad it was only us because my friend and I were able to talk very freely about everything and even things that I know most people would find offensive!!
In few words this winery is a must visit if you are in town!! I am sure coming back!!

3  Thank MONTYHADES
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I absolutely love Rio Seco! It's a family run winery and guest cottage run by Tom (a former Major League baseball scout), Carole, and their family...including all the dogs and cats. They treat you like family, offering superior hospitality and good, reasonably priced wine.
Oh, and during the summer, they host special events out on the lawn. Their barbecue is dynamite!
If you are ever in the area, stop in. You won't regret it!

1  Thank HProckstar
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Rustic charm and family run. A host of stories to tell, and all the time to tell them. Good, if not great wines and a pleasurable experience, made all the better by a genuine charming 3 generations of family.

1  Thank Arte1
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband visited Rio Seco on a very hot late afternoon. We were greeted by cheerful Carol who spent time explaining the wines we were tasting and about their winery. She never rushed us through our tastings. We loved the Clubhouse Red and the Zinfindel so purchased and had them send a couple weeks later when it cooled down. Excellent recommendation by Carol by the way.
We visited a number of wineries that day and found that Rio Seco was the friendliest and had the best wine.
We will be back!!!!