“Simple and very good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I typically go to Paso Robles about every 6 months on wine tasting adventures. On Sunday mornings is when we go to Springside so I cant talk about anything other than breakfast. It's a converted house, so its small and quaint. There is also seating outside. What we like about this place is the food is great and you get a lot of food for the price. We have only been here less then 10 times, but we always go back. Sure, there are many incredible and pricey places in Paso to eat, but Springside is simple, quite and very friendly and cost effective. I typically get one of their omelets (under 10 bucks) and cant finish the entire breakfast. Our entire tab for 2 was 25 bucks ($30 with tip), which was a great price for the quality and quantity of food and the staff is always friendly and pleasant. One of the wineries told us about this place a few years ago, and she was right about it. Plus you do see a lot of locals eating there, so that is always a good sign.
The one drawback if any, the kitchen is right there also, so you hear a bit of the kitchen clatter, but really its not a big deal.
Life is too short to eat cheap fast food, so don't... Give Springside a try, they are really easy to find and walking distance from downtown Paso on Spring Street.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Travelers a must stop for Breakfast or Lunch Clean, Great Staff and Good food easy to find eady parking

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We got to town with no plan except to taste wine. We needed food before we started. Driving up and down Spring Street with no idea where to eat we turned to Trip Advisor.

Place looks nothing like you expect on the inside from the outside. Inside it is more formal than the outside. A large selection of food for lunch.

Service was fast and friendly. Food was tasty, especially the fries. My husband got a California burger with Fries. I got the half turkey sandwich with a salad. They close for lunch at 2pm.

A good place for a quick, quality lunch.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We have had a hard time finding a good restutant for dinner in Paso Robles. Well we finally found it. The dinner was exceptional. There were four of us. The sirloin steak was to die for. Grilled to perfection. The vegetable was asparagus, broccoli, carrots were perfect. Halibut was also seasoned and cooked perfect. I had Chicken Alfredo. It was by far a great choice. I cannot remember when the last time was. that the food was a creation. Not just cooked and put on a plate. The chef took pride in their work. The service was fantastic. The server was polite and on his game. He was great. The overall pricing was good. Plenty of food. I was extremely satisfied with the meal, service, and mood of this resturant. We come to Paso Robles twice a month. We will return often.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Over the Memorial Day weekend, we made a road trip on Highway 101 with a planned stop in Paso Robles. After researching on Trip Advisor, I had planned a stop for lunch at Berry Hill Bistro, but I was unaware of the Art Festival going on in the park across the street. There was a 30 minute wait, it was noisy (so obviously popular), and my husband had to park far away. We didn't have 30 minutes to wait. So we went off in search of other options, and our in-car guidance was no help. As we were driving along, I saw Springside, and I remembered positive reviews when I was researching Paso, and we were so happy to see the OPEN sign, so we screeched to a halt, made a U-turn and pulled in. What a godsend! Inside, it was cool and quiet, no waiting, a pleasant decor, and friendly, prompt service. We treated ourselves to the BLT that came with a pile of crispy, skinny fries. The sandwich was one of the best BLT's I've had, with the bacon cooked just right, and portions were generous. My one and only quibble was the top 40's soundtrack that was very audible in the quiet setting. These were the top 40's when I was in high school, and probably better left to that era... But I can't even call that a fault since some people still dig that sound, so please put this on your list! It was more than we could hope for, and the Trip Advisor community pretty much came to my rescue on this one! Thanks!