“Good bbq, friendly people”
Review of RB Smokin' BBQ - CLOSED

RB Smokin' BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Long Beach, California
“Good bbq, friendly people”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I ate lunch here on 12/9/11. The prices were higher than those listed on their web site but only by a couple of dollars. I had trouble deciding between the brisket and the baby back ribs, but finally decided on the half-rack of ribs. You get to choose 2 sides (and it automatically comes with a cornbread muffin). I’d read some great reviews of their beans, but I have a slight allergy so I chose the regular fries and the sweet potato fries. They give you a slip of paper with a name on it and they call that name when your order is ready. The food was ready fairly quickly (it was 3p on a Friday and the place was mostly empty).

The ribs were tender and meaty, with a nice flavor. I’ve been to places where the ribs have very little meat on them – that’s NOT this place -- there was a lot of meat on the ribs. There were two sauces on the table (tangy and spicy). I wasn’t crazy about each one separately but I liked them mixed together.

The sweet potato fries were great and went perfectly with the chipotle dipping sauce that came with them. They were seriously good.

The regular fries were somewhat bland. I don’t remember if there was salt on them, and I didn’t add any, though maybe they needed it. Even the chipotle sauce didn’t liven them up. If you get fries, go for the sweet potato fries.

Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. All in all I can’t say it’s the best bbq I’ve ever had, but it was very good and I would definitely go back (and bring friends) the next time I’m in Paso Robles.

• Visited December 2011

Paso Robles, CA
“Tender and tasty at a good price”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Everything was very good. The ribs were tender and tasty. A good dry rub. Didn't care for the coleslaw but the sweet potato fries and different "dipping sauces" were great. The owner came to each table to check and see if we were satisfied and he had a great sense of humor. The ambiance was relaxing and had an outside patio. Definitely will be back.

• Visited August 2011
paso robles
“Yummy in our tummy's!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I were exhausted from a day of working in the yard. We saw this place pop up across the street a while back and decided to finally check it out. We looked up their menu online and were excited to see different options than local Santa Maria style bbq. Brisket in SLO County? My heart swells!

My husband ordered the baby back ribs with beans and corn bread. I had the brisket, beans and onion rings, everything was fantastic. I loved loved loved the cornbread muffins, and the onion rings were incredible (nice portion sized too).

The baby back ribs were delicious and literally fell apart as we were eating them. The brisket was sadly, a little dry, but still tasty. They included a few different options for sauce and we enjoyed them all. I'd like to try the other options on the menu too. We will definately go back!

• Visited April 2011
Paso Robles, CA
“Great idea, mediocre execution!”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Brisket was very dry. This may be because I am used to tri tip. I wish they offered a tri tip sandwich. Second time I went I had the ribs. They were great in taste, just very dry. I love the different options for BBQ sauce. Staff is very friendly! I might recommend the chef take out his chewing tobacco while he is preparing food. Kind of gross!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank 805GM
“This local will never go back.”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I did not like the idea of yet another bbq place having you order before being seated. It would have been nice to have been able to sit and not have to get up for your food. I also made the mistake of ordering my 15 month old son plain chicken which came on mini buns and also had a bone in the portion I chose to pick at.. Thank god. My mom and sister in law ordered the meat loaf which looked like it crawled out of a hungry jack TV dinner. if one enjoys hospital food... Or Jr. High lunch lady Cookin then this is the place to spend your money!