“Tasty, but nothing remarkable.”

Dragon Palace King Buffet
Ranked #132 of 201 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is tasy food but lacks any distinction or "specialness." Food is fresh and prepared well, but is only ho-hum.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I really love the Dragon Palace it is really great. It is in a small shopping center on 8th and Spring Street across from the Melody Ranch Motel, which I stay in every time I visit Paso Robles. They have take out and we travel 150 miles to come to this Buffet every 6 weeks, Please note I made a review in error for the Golden Palace Buffet. Never been there! Just an error.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Friends treated us to dinner at Dragon Palace. Most of the places to sit are low booths that maintain a bit of privacy. Unlike most all-you-can-eat buffets, there were many meat dishes: shrimp, beef, chicken, pork, and salmon. All were prepared in Mandarin, Szechuan, or Hunan style, and we found that all were delicious. People were filling up plastic foam containers to have them weighed for take-out. Waiters kept refilling water glasses, clearing tables, and bringing out more food so that there never was a shortage of any one dish. I liked the ice cream and desserts. A deal as economical as this must rely on sheer volume of diners to recover costs. We understand that tours bring their people here, yet there is space enough so that everyone can access the buffet. Considering the reasonable price and the quality of the food, this is a special deal, well worth a visit when in Paso Robles.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

We've eaten at the buffet a few times and it's pretty good. Last time we went we ordered a la carte dishes off the menu, big mistake! Everything we ordered was atrocious. Stick to the buffet or go elsewhere.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

I've been here many times, any time I'm traveling anywhere even remotely near the Paso Robles area I make the detour out of my way to go here. Food is always excellent, filled up, hot, and tasty. Many selections, but their shrimp dishes are their best and they have several. Service is fast and efficient. Lunch is very good, but dinner is fabulous! You will not be disappointed! It is a little pricey for a Chinese buffet, but well worth it. Dining room is large and spacious, with a large room to the side for events, etc. I have been here maybe 10 times and I live 3 hours away. If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would, it is THAT GOOD!!