“Hidden jewel just off the park.”

Habaneros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 208 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Like homecoming. Nice variety in dishes and menu choices. Don't come here if you want a bean burrito from the can. Husband & wife team bringing good food and pride to your table. Nice sidewalk dining!

2  Thank Elegaspi54

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Good food, fish tacos and taquitos di patata (sp?). The server upsold us on some local wine and then let us take the unfinished bottle home without a corkage fee. The food was tasty, the service a bit slow but the sole server was working her butt off trying to maintain a busy restaurant.

2  Thank coastalgirl5
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Nothing is special about this place especially their food, but the staff is friendly & helpful...they do have good local wines however.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

A poor to average taqueria dressed up as a nice wine country cafe. The decor is nice, but the plain food and the staff's inability to understand english hurts this place. The food wasn't horrible, but you can find better nearly anywhere in town. Both times I have visited this place I have ordered the daily special and been disapointed by bland poorly prepared leftovers. My wife each time ordered an appetizer and a menu entree and both times it was food I would expect from a chain with a number in the name. The icing on the cake for this place was found while using my limited understanding of the spanish language plus walking slowly out to take a look at the bill on peoples tables who had order the same thing I did... I was charged on both visits 25% more for the special than the hispanic customers. Having grown up on the border of Orange and Santa Ana, I've been eating mexican food and hanging out with mexicans my whole life. Add to that the 12 years i've work in kitchens, and I can tell you that I couldn't care less the color of someones skin or what thier accent sounds like. To be charged more for crap food because i'm of anglo decent really pissed me off.

1  Thank 1badtopher
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Knew to Paso? This is a must!! Hands on owners show great care in quality food! I love Habaneros when in town.

1  Thank TeethWhiteningLady